• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there any grammar mistakes in this?

I am writing to you about the article you published some days ago on your newspaper about Fordham town councilís decision to turn Greendale Park into a car park. I read that your newspaper is completely in favour of this bad decision but, I would like to highlight this: before writing your article and supporting such an odd decision, if I were you, I would have questioned all the people living in Fordham town whether they agree or not. The council has decided to turn what is considered, according to them, a little used area into something which will really help this town on easing the townís parking problems, but what they think to be a little used area, is the only area where most of the Fordham residents have, to have some fresh air in the town if they want to take a break from work or if they want to take a day off; it is the only place where they can take their kids or where many grandparents usually take their grandchildren to have fun and play on the swings; it is the only place they have, where everyone can play tennis without paying so much money in a private tennis club or go jogging.
    On the basis of an interview conducted among Fordham residents, it is clear that about 26% of them use Greendale park daily and about 52% go there at least once a weak. So I really believe the council should think again and, of course, he should find another kind of solution. As suggested by one of the interviewed, they could build an underground car park or, for instance, they could pull down the empty factor near the river. So I really hope the council may retrace his steps and, at the same time, I do hope your newspaper takes into consideration that people do not want to see their park turned into a car park at all.

dilodi83 is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there any grammar mistakes in this?

I am writing to you about the article you published some days ago on your newspaper about Fordham town councilís decision to turn Greendale Park into a car park. I read that your newspaper is completely in favour of this bad decision but, I would like to highlight this: before writing your article and supporting such an odd decision, if I were you, I would have questioned all the people living in Fordham town whether they agree or not. The council has decided to turn what is considered, according to them, a little used area into something which will really help this town on easing the townís parking problems, but what they think to be a little used area, is the only area where most of the Fordham residents have, to have some fresh air in the town if they want to take a break from work or if they want to take a day off; it is the only place where they can take their kids or where many grandparents usually take their grandchildren to have fun and play on the swings; it is the only place they have, where everyone can play tennis without paying so much money in a private tennis club or go jogging.
    On the basis of an interview conducted among Fordham residents, it is clear that about 26% of them use Greendale park daily and about 52% go there at least once a weak. So I really believe the council should think again and, of course, he should find another kind of solution. As suggested by one of the interviewed, they could build an underground car park or, for instance, they could pull down the empty factor near the river. So I really hope the council may retrace his steps and, at the same time, I do hope your newspaper takes into consideration that people do not want to see their park turned into a car park at all.