Post Thanks / Like

Default View Points- can you help please?

Hi again!

I know I have already posted a question but I couldnt resist this nice forum to have a chance to share my thoughts about my essay with you guys. And I promise I will not post more than one next time.

I'd like to show you my view points about "reflction" for education, and as as part of my essay I need to give some of my view points. So can any one please help me with my english grammar? Thank you in advance.

I would define reflection as a mixture of three; a way of solving problems, a way of reconstructing experience and a deliberate attempt to make sense and meaning of experiences.

As X expressed, I suppose that reflection is a combination of commitment and action. When personal knowledge reflects the “exercise of an act” or “habitual act” it describes the aim of educational action and able to solve any dilemma critically and stimulating it with a devotion to educational and social values.

It is then the experience which reflective practitioner would reflexively inform and transform their theory through thinking and consideration of some solution of problem that make their theories and works enjoyable (X).

Therefore, it attempts to bring reflective thinking into experiences and making it comprehensible by “thinking from doing”; practitioners are attempting to experience their action and implementation to build their investigations. As reflective practitioners are being open minded, they appreciate what they have or others brought to the situation and being able to reconstruct any difficult task. As X described it, the reflective practitioner would have “conscious of a dilemma” and would be able to make sense and meaning of any doubtful or individuality situation.

Professional teachers should have reached a stage where they have metacognitive knowledge so that they can reflect critically on what they are teaching and why in order to plan and direct their own learning. However, metacognitive awareness should encourage teachers to inquire help for any difficult tasks or implicit situations. Professiobal teachers acknowledge about themselves as learners and are aware of the ways in which they generally work does not mean they develop fast or inevitably but it is the ability to use that knowledge spontaneously to approach their goals well.

I agree with X that the development of metacognitive awareness is considered to be the key to successful learning. Because without the combination of metacognitive and reflection thoughts learners are unlikely to be able to move toward other tasks. For example, in the classroom students need activities which incorporate reflection, thinking about what they are going to do and why. They (students) need directions. By helping them, the implicit becomes explicit and students become aware of what they are doing and why. So we are informing students to be more effective and aware learners. Therefore, I believe that linking between reflection and metacognitive is important because it can be used as a framework for learning any subject.

X is suggesting us to look seriously at the social, economic and political history, because these reflect our life where we live, we do not live separately from these issues. He encourages us to be liberated educators rather than conservatives so that we can reflect our knowledge in teaching reflectively, thoughtfully and contemplatively. It is the way that practitioners should “rethink” and alter their work and never separate theory and practice. Being able to communicate well and following an overall plan or schedule enable us to established or accepted patterns and standards of laws that benefit our pedagogy and behavioral skills that lead us to value social, economical and political and cultural matters in our teaching and guarantee that what is inside the classrooms is approachable to our world wide. Education should help practitioners to have much resource possible to be achieving the challenges and the economic needs.

We need to work at coherent and expressive attitude and instructions in order to comprehend and able to criticize and make sense of our world. If we are incapable to comprehend will make it difficult for us to see the change and alter to control relationships with the result we have. Effective practitioners need to be empowered which demands a balance of what we teach and what we know to make others understand and tolerate our viewpoints.

So what do you think? I hope you find it interesting!

With my best regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: View Points- can you help please?

Here are a few suggestions. I trust another member will finish where I left off. All the best,

I would define reflection as a mixture of three: a way of solving problems, a way of reconstructing experience, and a deliberate attempt to make sense and meaning of experiences.

As X expressed, I, too, suppose that reflection is a combination of commitment and action. When personal knowledge reflects the “exercise of an act” or “habitual act” it describes the aim of educational action and able to solve any dilemma critically and stimulating it with a devotion to educational and social values.

It is then the experience which reflective practitioners would reflexively inform and transform their theory, through thinking and consideration of some solution of a problem, that would make their theories and works enjoyable (X).

Therefore, it attempts to bring reflective thinking into experiences and making it comprehensible by “thinking from doing”; practitioners are attempting to experience their action and implementation to build their investigations. As reflective practitioners are being open minded, they appreciate what they haveor others brought to the situation and being able to reconstruct any difficult task. As X describes it, the reflective practitioner would be “conscious of a dilemma” and would be able to make sense and meaning of any doubtful or individual situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: View Points- can you help please?

Thank you very much. That was very helpful. So now I only need to revise the rest of it, I hope someone would help me and give me his/her own thoughts...

Professional teachers should have reached a stage where they have metacognitive knowledge so that they can reflect critically on what they are teaching and why in order to plan and direct their own learning. However, metacognitive awareness should encourage teachers to inquire help for any difficult tasks or implicit situations. Professiobal teachers must acknowledge about themselves as learners and are aware of the ways in which they generally work does not mean they develop fast or inevitably but it is the ability to use that knowledge spontaneously to approach their goals well.
    I agree with X that the development of metacognitive awareness is considered to be the key to successful learning. Because without the combination of metacognitive and reflection thoughts learners are unlikely to be able to move toward other tasks. For example, in the classroom students need activities which incorporate reflection, thinking about what they are going to do and why. They (students) need directions. By helping them, the implicit becomes explicit and students become aware of what they are doing and why. So we are informing students to be more effective and aware learners. Therefore, I believe that linking between reflection and metacognitive is important because it can be used as a framework for learning any subject”. End.

Thank you all.