• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another complaint letter, thanks for any feedback

Sounds easy but I am working on polish software and it always tries to correct me to polish - it means that whole text is highlighted. :)

I've just finished another one. I am trying to make it little shorte because for FCE you need 120-180 words. My previous works were waaaay to long.
    Also shorter sentences reduce possibility of making some grammar mistakes. I am also trying to do some selftaughting.

- You need a job for three months in the summer, and you have seen an advertisement in a newspaper about a temporary job as a tourist guide in your town or city. Write a letter applying for the post.

Dear Sir/Madame,

Referring to your advertisement in The Flock Guardian, published on 7th of April I would like to apply for
    a position as a turist guide at your tour company.

I am 21-years-old polish exchange student of Faculty of Turism on Flock University. This year I will finish my
    third year of study and during my summer brake I would like to start a part time job in your company.
    Being employed at your company is very important for me because I would not only be able to gain some
    experience in the filed of turism but also I could earn money for my further education.

I can asure you that I am one of the best of the candidates for that position. If you take my education
    into consideration you will come to the conclusion that in a short time I will fit in [don't know if this
    is formal or rather infomal] to turist guide responsibilities. I have exelent personal skills and I work
    perfectly as a team member as well.

If you need more information do not hesitate to contact me.
    I look forward to hear form you,

Yours faithfully,
    Andrew

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, that was a really ignorant suggestion I made - never considered that you might actually be using Polish software!

You were right - this letter was better - except for that faculty sentence I could imagine it coming from one of my neighbors.

I don't mind commenting on your practice letters, but if you want feedback from some other readers, maybe you should start a new thread. That might give someone else a chance to give you some opinions. Did you say you planned to take the exam soon?

Dear Sir/Madame, [write out Sir or Madam - they may use Madame in England, I'm not sure]

Referring to your advertisement in The Flock Guardian, published on [the] 7th of April I would like to apply for
    a position as a turist [sp]guide at your tour company.

I am 21-years-old[year old] polish [capitalize]exchange student of[in] Faculty[the School] of Turism[sp] on[at] Flock University. [ Is this what you meant? you could also say you were a member of the faculty at Flock University, but this would mean you were a professor] This year I will finish my
    third year of study and during my summer brake[sp] I would like to start a part time job in[with] your company.
    Being employed at your company is very important for me because I would not only be able to gain some
    experience in the filed[sp] of turism[sp] but also[this is OK, but it sounds better if you put also after could] I could [also] earn money for my further education.

I can asure[sp] you that I am one of the best of the candidates for that[this] position. If you take my education
    into consideration you will come to the conclusion that in a short time I will fit in [don't know if this
    is formal or rather infomal] to turist guide responsibilities [try "in a short time I will master my tourist guide responsibilities"]. I have exelent[sp] personal skills and I work
    perfectly[I don't think anyone could work "perfectly" - maybe superbly, excellently, something like that ] as a team member as well.

If you need more information do not hesitate to contact me.
    I look forward to hear form[sp] you,[period]

Yours faithfully,
    Andrew[/QUOTE]

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

• Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am taking FCE exam pretty soon. Next week to be more accurate. That is why it is so important to me to improve a little bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2