Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
What is a double bedroom in Canada? Is it a room with two single beds or a double bed? I googled but found different answers. I guess maybe the meanings vary from country to country.

By the way, what is a single room?

Thank you very much!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
In the UK a double bedroom has a double, queen-size or king-size bed.

A room with two single beds is a twin bedroom, and a single room has - guess what - a single bed.

Our Canadian friends will soon let you know if it's any different over there.

Rover

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is this how you would describe a room in a hotel, or a house for lease? You wouldn't say that about a private home, would you? Since a twin could easily become a double with some new furniture?

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Is this how you would describe a room in a hotel, or a house for lease? You wouldn't say that about a private home, would you? Since a twin could easily become a double with some new furniture?

Actually I want to rent a apartment in a university and also live in a hotel for a short while before I can move in. It seems that double bedrooms mean differently in these two situations. But I am not quite sure.

Thank you.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
What is a double bedroom in Canada? Is it a room with two single beds or a double bed? I googled but found different answers. I guess maybe the meanings vary from country to country.

By the way, what is a single room?

Thank you very much!

Single room is for one person.

Double bedroom can, as you note, mean either a bedroom with a double bed or a bedroom that can accommodate two people. If you want to know for sure, you have to contact the hotel.

If you're renting an unfurnished apartment, then "double bedroom" means a bedroom where you can fit a double bed.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.