Thread: Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!!!

[FONT=Arial]Arial]xxx[/FONT[[SIZE=7]xxx[/SIZExxx
    I have taken a course for Teaching Adults Literacy (6 weeks) but now I have been asked to teach a Bengali lady English. She has very little English and I speak no Bengali. I have some flash cards and a few pictures to match to words, but I need a structure and a set of lessons to follow through, workbooks etc. And where can I get an english-bengali dictionary.
    I live up near Wick, Caithness, Scotland and the nearest town is 200 miles away.
    Please send me all the help you can because I wish to do the job properly.

Yours Alison Kirk

gxiang is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help!!!

there are many cases that an english teaches a foreigner when they know little about their mutual languages. some common practice would be: 1. picture and motion picture are your best aid when teaching a beginner. show her one picture with one greeting another, then tell her how to say in that situation; 2. go to the course leader for help with the dictionary, or try your luck in www.google.com with "english-bengali dictionary" as key words. i've got thousands of responses. good luck

gxiang is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help!!!

Can you do me a favor. i am also in trouble. could you have a look at this thread. http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/sh...8543#post68543 in English Language Forum (ESL) > Learning English > Teaching English thx