• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Default abuse

Kate has been abusing Jo's capability and patience in making her working very hard without showing much appreciation. At the same time, Kate is worried about Jo will override her authority and frequently stopped her direct contack with the customers even just a single of leisure/casual talk. Jo has been suffering and started to avoid the hard feelings by not having much unnecessary eye contact with Kate but still working hard as usual because Kate never even gives a nod or smile to Jo when they met in the staff room. Other colleagues know about the story and feels sorry for Jo's situation but were not able to offer any help to her?

(The above writing are the real situation and is written by myself where I need all your suggestion to make it better.)

1. Shall I simply say Kate is mean by only looking at the the fact that Kate has been abusing Jo's capability and patience in making her working very hard without showing much appreciation.

2. Any simple word and phrases to describe Kate's mentality and personality based on Kate is worried about Jo will override her authority and frequently stopped her direct contack with the customers even just a single of leisure talk.

3. Is it a propler Engish of saying leisure/casual talk?

4. Are there common and direct expression to describe the fact that Jo has been suffering and started to avoid the hard feelings by not having much unnecessary eye contact with Kate?

5. Are there common and direct expression to describe the fact that Jo's colleagues know about the story and feels sorry for Jo's situation but were not able to offer any help to her?

6. What are differences between mentality and personality? I have checked with dictionary but it seems mostly are the same?

7. Shall I split the questions into 2 messages next time as it comes with 7 questions based on one writing? Any standard for this?

ju

JTRiff is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Netherlands
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: abuse

nonTeacher

Kate has been ignoring Jo's capabilities and testing Jo's patience by making her work very hard without showing much appreciation. At the same time, Kate is worried that Jo will override her authority, and frequently stops her from having direct contact with customers, even simple chat.
    Jo has been suffering and has started to avoid bad feelings by not having much eye contact with Kate, while still working hard. Kate never even gives a nod or smile to Jo when they meet in the staff room. Other colleagues know the story and feel sorry for Jo, but are not able to offer any help to her.

(The above writing describes the true situation, and is written by myself. I need suggestions to make it better.)

Her colleagues would be sympathetic to her situation.

* )