English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
Hello my dear friends,

This is Jessie, an oral English teacher from mainland China. What I am going to post here is a problem that has been bothering me for quite a while, and I hope to receive some valuable advice from you.

The question is; Although my pronunciation seems alright, it always bugs me to hear myself in my recordings, which deflates my confidence because it doesn't sound "native" enough. I have recently visited "thepronuncian" and harvested some tips from there but more pertinent advice is still needed for my particular situation.

According to what I read from the above mentioned website, what I need to pay attention to is the sentence stress and intonation, or rather sentence rhythms. However, what I can do get there still baffles me.

In order to make my question clearer, I have attached one of my latest recordings here for your further information. Many thanks from me and my fellow students. I'm looking forward to your kind replies.

Warm regards,

Jessie

Attachments

• intonation.wma
    368.6 KB · Views: 10

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Could you record yourself just talking rather than reading aloud- it's hard to get a picture of people's intonation from reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.