Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello! :-D
Could someone check my essay to see if there is any mistakes?
--
Are snap or quickly made decisions necessarily poor decisions?
Snap or quickly made decisions are never the better ones. Although these are so easy to take and seem to be excellent while they are taken in a blink of an eye, they are, in fact, rarely good. The reasons are simple. First, we do not have enough details, which are crucial to a good thinking, to take a decision that are clearly balanced. For instance, a doctor who takes decisions on a whim, without considering all the necessary details before giving a medicine, will, without a doubt, lose his license. Second, feelings prevail on these snap judgments, and where intuition is, rational thoughts are not. Moreover, when we are not at our best shape, the choices that we made on a whim are even worse than those that are thought. To conclude, better decisions on hard choices are always taken when rationality is involved.
--
Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

luschen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, I am not a teacher, but I can spot a few mistakes. Remember, you make decisions, not take decisions.

Hello! :-D
Could someone check my essay to see if there is any mistakes?
--
Are snap or quickly made decisions necessarily poor decisions?
Snap or quickly made decisions are never the better{I think rarely they could be better - best would be a better word here } ones. Although [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE][they] are so easy to [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE][make] and seem to be excellent while they are taken in a blink of an eye{this phrase doesn't make sense - do you mean "excellent at the time"?}, they are, in fact, rarely good. The reasons are simple. First, we do not have enough details, which are crucial to a good thinking{a good thought process or "clear thinking"}, to [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE][make] a decision [STRIKE]that are[/STRIKE][which is] clearly balanced{balanced is not the best word here - "reasoned" might be better}. For instance, a doctor who [STRIKE]takes[/STRIKE][makes] decisions on a whim, without considering all the necessary details before giving a medicine, will, without a doubt, lose his license. Second, feelings prevail on these snap judgments, and where intuition is, rational thoughts are not{I don't think this is necessarily true - maybe "when intuition is given free rein, rational thought may be pushed aside"}. Moreover, when we are not [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE][in] our best shape, the choices that we made on a whim are even worse than those that are thought{this phrase is very awkward - better might be"the difference between choices made on a whim and those made rationally are even more striking."}. To conclude, better decisions on hard choices are always [STRIKE]taken[/STRIKE][made] when rationality is involved. { try to reword this sentence to use active voice - it will give you a more effective conclusion}
--
Thank you very much :)

photodube

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Thank you very much, it's very kind of you :-D