Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
hi~ this is my third essays here, thanks your proofread frist~ :)

Everyday, we received a plenty of information from a variety of media channels ,such as,TV,radio,newspaper, etc.We are so overwhelming by these large number of information that cannot distinquish facts from fiction, or cannot assure ourselves' opinions when we face the facts because of being confued by too many convinced opinions on these facts.
So, I couldn't help asking how much the information we chould trust and how could we catch ourselves' standpoints so that avoiding be misled or used by ulterior motives of allegations and opinions.

In my opinion,the faked information are most entertainment information. The information providers make some faked information which are known the truth by public finally for attracting more concerns,or enhancing certain status.So,the faked information is not the big problem for us ,but the facts which are mixed with biased opinions and allegations are big problem.
As we known, everyone is entitled for opinion and so do media organizations.These organizations could express their opinions freely ,reasonable ,objectively and also could take a side on issues because of working for some groups or governments .In fact, through controlling media to manipulate people is kind of popular way and is proved to be effective by experiences.Indeed, we separate facts from opinions,rather than facts from fictions.That's really a more difficult work we have to do for seeking opinions ourselves' but not (the opinions) others give us.
Meanwhile, there is a question that what kind of qualities should information providers such as journalists have? I assume that are objective,resonable, emotionless and good at writing by succinct sentences for expressing the information exactly and their opinions clearly.
All in all, the benefit of getting the massive information the media presented is obviously while the negative impact is apprently also.I don't doubt all the information and even be willing to believe ,but there is always a warning in my mind warn me don't be fooled by information.

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Idealist, remember that in English there is always a space after commas, periods, colons, semicolons, question marks and exclamation marks, and there is never a space before them.

This is incorrect:

channels ,such as,TV,radio,newspaper, etc.We

This is correct:

channels,_such as,_TV,_radio,_newspaper, etc._We

idealist

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Idealist, remember that in English there is always a space after commas, periods, colons, semicolons, question marks and exclamation marks, and there is never a space before them.

This is incorrect:

channels ,such as,TV,radio,newspaper, etc.We

This is correct:

channels,_such as,_TV,_radio,_newspaper, etc._We

hi ~birdeen~~thank you ~
I noted . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.