[Essay] Could someone correct my application writing for the FCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maariinaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Dear Mrs Benson

I read on The Time newspaper the advertisement of your international book shop in Manchester and I am applying for the job because I need to earn some money for my studies and improve my english as well.

I am twenty-two years old and I live in Madrid sinde I started going to the European University of Madrid in 2007. I have got an advance level of English and I speak spanish and catalan fluently forasmuch as they are my native languages.

I am working in my university library but it is closed in summer so I am used to dealing with books and giving some advice to students who need help. Moreover I won a literature competition at university which gave me the opportunity to study the course 2009-2010 in the "Université de la Sorbonne" in Paris.

I am availabale to start working from the end of the month and I can be contacted on 610 996 134.

Thank you for considering my application.
Yours sincerely,

Marina Cruz Lara

Antou

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
I'm sitting for the FCE on december, i think i could help you.

"I read on The Time newspaper the advertisement of your international book shop"
You never say when you've read it, so you can't put past simple.

"because I need to earn some money for my studies and improve my english as well."
I would write "I think the job would help me to improve my English" or something like that. When I read your sentence it sounds me like a bit informal.

"I live in Madrid sinde I started going to the European University of Madrid in 2007."
I don't know if the order is ok. I would write "I live in Madrid since 2007, when I started going to the European University of Madrid"

"I have got an advance level of English"
It's advanceD because you're talking about the level.

Well, tell me if I have helped you!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.