Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello,

Could anyone help me please and I will really appreciate it.

I have written a monologue but I don’t know if it is good or not, or if we call what I have written as monologue or not, so would you please have a look and tell me your opinion about it!!:oops:
Remarque: Algeria was just an example but I guess the context exists in every part of the world!!

Thank you in advance.

“The way To Happiness”
Well, since we the Algerian people not all of us certainly are always complaining all the day; either about work, people behaviors, about time and still the list is long; I guess that Everyone question is How can I be happy? How can I get happiness? Differently said: How can I become happier?!!
So, we do indirectly believe in happiness but don’t (or may not) know the way to it, we are always looking for it, searching for a method or technics that can render us happy!! Although it is between our hands and we don’t know or we did not realize it yet!!
To do so, we have to look first what does the word happiness mean?! It is surely for almost all people a complicated word that is difficult to reach and far from being applied by some!! While for others it is limited to “ONLY money” or cars, big houses… and still the list is long and will never finish because simply we are so greedy, truly!! In fact, even if we have got all the things and conditions that can make us happy, we will still ask for more, I don’t know why?! Honestly!! Why don’t we feel pleased with what we have? So this is the first point that should be avoided if we want to be happy; I have to be satisfied with what I have as Aristotle had said” To live happily be an inward power of the soul”; although in Algeria, such people can be counted on our fingers!!
Actually, this is not the only point that should be prevented, there are plenty! For instance: “Being patient “is another secret of happiness!! Here is a story that proves it;
One day there was a young man looking for the secret that can render him happy, he asked everyone and they all answered; we don’t know!! Except one Person who told him there is a Chinese sagemaybe can show you the way for happiness!! The young man immediately took the first plan going to China, he has witnessed difficulties but never gave up, once he came there, he knocked on the door and the sage opened smiling: Welcome son!! The man was happy to see finally the person who is going to lead him to happiness, he had a set and then, the old man asked him to wait for a second; the young man happily agreed without knowing what is going to happen; One hour left, one hour and half, two hours left , two and half until three hours left, the man got angry of that , he is waiting for 3 hours and nothing had changed, once the old man came, he asked him with a very calm voice and smiling gently :

- Do you want to drink a cup of tea or cup coffee?
- The young man explodes in his face: I was waiting for three hours and you did not at least present any excuse for me, and you want me to have tea with you??!!
- The old man insisted smiling: Do you want to have a cup of tea or coffee?!
- The young man was obliged to agree because after all he wants to be happy and he needs him to know the way to it: He said: I take a cup of Tea!!
The old man gently brought the tea and two cups, he served himself first and then he started serving tea to his guest and continued on the same action so that tea flow from the cup and still the old man serving him until the man got up angrily:
- Look to what have you done, don’t you see that the cup is filled with tea and it’s everywhere now!!
- The old Chinese man had said quietly: I am happy you had noticed that!! And he added: the meeting is ended.
- The man answered furiously : What I traveled all this way and you left me waiting for your majesty all three hours and now you tell me the meeting ended, are you kidding with me ?!
- The wise man replied: You have to come next time when your cup of tea is empty!! The man demanded what does it mean so the old man explained:
“ Listen son, when your cup is full of tea , you can’t add anymore ,otherwise it will flow everywhere, and this is applied in your case too; when you became more angrier your cup was full of anger and you did add until you became angrier , and the result here is the lose!! And then he accompanied him to the door and told him; if you want to be happy son, you have to learn how to control your feelings and be sure that your cup will be empty and this is the way for happiness!!
Thus, we can understand that our feeling changes with the situation where are living in: that is for example: when I wake up early and I get myself ready to go out, I knew that I am nice, beautiful, and Here I go !! While I am driving someone is bothering Me, I just simply let him go because I am feeling happy: HOWEVER, when I wake up late because I have forgotten to fix the clock , I start turning around yourself and I feel so troubled as if my house is burning , and I wear anything even it is not nice, and if ever they bother me on my way to work, you ‘ll be very angry , and if they tell me “ Have a nice day” I will certainly answer “ please let me alone, from where can I have a nice” . Actually, this is what do we mean by a full cup; in the morning it was empty but once problems happened, my cup had just started to be filled. So, all what we have to do is to be patient!!
As the proverb says «No one is happier than he who believes in his happiness» In other words, we people are always waiting for something or someone who can make us happy, without knowing that happiness is inside of us, and not certainly outside, here is an example about what I am saying that I call :
“The important things in life”

( 3 jars should be drown)

Look to this three jars, if we fill it with rocks. Is the jar full or not??
Then, if I pick up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar, and the pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. Will the jar be full??
Then, if I pick up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. Will the jar be full? The students responded with an agreed “Yes.”
“Now, I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, and your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.”
The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff.
“If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life”
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
Let all be lost. Let them take away everything. As long as you have your heart beating strong, as long as you have your nostrils working fine, as long as the blood flows in your veins, you will certainly live happy.
Right here I am not saying that there will be no problems to solve, no difficulties, my point is to face all what we have positively, to see them from the affirmative side, and to believe in ourselves too!!If we want to enjoy our life and be for all time happy!! For example:
There may be days when I get up in the morning and things aren’t the way I had hoped they would be. That when I have to tell myself those things will get better. There are times when people disappoint me and let me down. But those are the times when I must remind myself to trust my own judgments and opinions, to keep my life focused on believing in myself.
There will be challenges to face and changes to make in our life, and it is up to us to accept them. Continually keep ourselves headed in the right direction for us. It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle we will find a stronger sense of who we are. So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in ourselves and all we want our life to be.Because the challenges and changes will only help us to find the goals that we know are meant to come true for us.
All in all, as the Chinese proverb say: “If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune; if you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else”and for me the first one who needs to be helped is ourselves first, all what we have to do is to break the chains that strangled us; be self-confident and don’t care for what people have done or have got since we can do the same by a little courage , And as the English proverb says: If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden; if you want to be happy for life, plant a trees. And the trees are all good things that we do, that we have and we deserve too!! Happiness in your pocket: don’t spend it all as the “Chinese” had said, because: The hour of happiness will come, the more welcome when it is not expected as the “Romans” explained, Finally, there is no way for happiness to follow, otherwise we should be all happy!! Happiness as “Democritus” said:
“Happiness exists not in possessions, and not in gold, but it resides in the soul”

licinio

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I've tried reading through the first paragraphs and here are my suggestions (but I'm not a teacher!)

A lot of Algerian people complain all day long; about work, people's behaviour, the weather and the list could be much longer; I guess that everyone's question is "How can I be happy? How can I get happiness?" or "How can I become happier?".
We do indirectly believe in happiness but don’t know the way to it. We are always looking for it, searching for a method or technique that can render us happy even when happiness is already in our hands and we don’t know or haven't realised yet!
To reach happiness, we have to look into its meaning. Certainly it is for almost all people a state that is difficult to reach.
For some it is limited to money, cars, big houses, or other material possessions whose list will never finish because simply they are so greedy. In fact, even if they have all the things and conditions that can make them happy, they will still ask for more.
I honestly don’t know why we can't feel content with what we have. This is therefore the first point that we should bear in mind if we want to be happy: we must be satisfied with what we have. As Aristotle said, "to live happily is an inward power of the soul”. Nevertheless in Algeria, such people (you should better explain what "such" refer to) can be counted on the tips of our fingers.

delvin5shaer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Tajikistan
I have read your whole article...most probably it can be called as monologue..

Status
Not open for further replies.