• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Post would you correct my informal letter please ?

You have received this letter from your pen friend.
    ...Thanks for inviting me to stay with you when I visit your country next month.
    I'm not sure how to get to your apartment from the airport. Could you write back giving me some basic instructions? What would be the best method of transport for me? I'd prefer one that isn't too expensive!
    Just one other thing - what will the weather be like when I get there? (Just so I'll know what clothes to pack!) ...

Hi Michael!
    How are you going on? I'm very happy you're coming next month. I've already told my mum that you are going to live with us some time and she seemed to be happy. She thinks that is good for me to have an English-speaking friend because I can improve my English talking to you.
    If you want to, I could be waiting for you when you arrive at the airport. If not, I only can tell you that you have to stand near some road. I'm sure that a lot of taxis are going to want to pick you up. Be careful with the money you give to the man who is driving because sometimes they try to stick with your change.
    The weather will be cold because you're coming in the middle of the winter. But you don't need more than a warm jacket and a pair of gloves.
    Well, I have to continue studying for my exams. I'll be waiting for your following letter.
    Kisses,
    Anto

luschen is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: would you correct my informal letter please ?

I am not an English teacher, but I was able to find a few small errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Antou View Post
    You have received this letter from your pen friend.
    ...Thanks for inviting me to stay with you when I visit your country next month.
    I'm not sure how to get to your apartment from the airport. Could you write back giving me some basic instructions? What would be the best method of transport for me? I'd prefer one that isn't too expensive!
    Just one other thing - what will the weather be like when I get there? (Just so I'll know what clothes to pack!) ...

Hi Michael!
    How are you going[getting] on? I'm very happy you're coming next month. I've already told my mum that you are going to live with us some time[for a while] and she seemed to be happy. She thinks that [it] is good for me to have an English-speaking friend because I can improve my English talking to you.
    If you want to, I could be waiting for you when you arrive at the airport. If not, I only can[can only] tell you that you have to stand near some road. I'm sure that a lot of taxis are going to want to pick you up. Be careful with the money you give to the man who is driving because sometimes they try to stick with[keep] your change.
    The weather will be cold because you're coming in the middle of the winter. But you don't need more than a warm jacket and a pair of gloves.
    Well, I have to continue studying for my exams. I'll be waiting for your following[return or next] letter.
    Kisses,
    Anto

suzsh is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Jordan
      • Current Location:
      • Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: would you correct my informal letter please ?

Dear all,

Hope all is well,

I apologize for not attending the brunch today as I have guests for auditing in the company. It is a very busy time of the year for me. I believe brunch was a success!
    It is unfortunate for me for not being able to assist. Thank you for the great efforts!

Unlike me, Iím used to being productive and efficient, in which I think is not the case with you due to work & the continuous travel.
    I want to assure you that I will not save an effort to help when possible.
    Thank you for understanding

Have a pleasant day!