Post Thanks / Like

Default I did my CL more friendlier. Am I on the right way?

Dear Host Family,

I am writing to apply for a position of a live-in caregiver in Canada.

I think that my experience working as a full-time teacher prepared me for such duties. I have 8 years and 7 months of teaching experience as an English teacher at Junior and Secondary State Schools in my native town of Varna, Bulgaria. I feel I have a range of relevant skills, which have greatly developed both through my degree and my work experience. My job gave me the ability to deal with children and taught me how to get along well with the adults. I have a lot of friends and they say that I have a calming effect on people who are under stress. According to them I am sensitive to people’s feelings and can quickly convince everyone that I am one of them. My method of approach towards children is the same, although most of the time I do it unconsciously. Feeling that, my friends who have small children tacitly turned me into their part-time babysitter. And I am happy to invite their children in my house or to travel with them because I enjoy giving and receiving love. I have chosen my profession because it having to do with service to other people.

My favourite things which turned to be my hobbies for whole my life is reading books, surfing Internet, learning languages and traveling. My interests drove me to graduate from the College of International Tourism where I have learned three languages and had the chance to travel over my beautiful country and later to show it to other people. One of my passions is visiting museums and art galleries. Driven by the same interest I applied for the position of Youth Counselor on board of the ship. The job is synonymous with child care and babysitting. I have been hired only for summers until the ship has been sold. My duties were to supervise children from the ages 3 to17 and I was responsible for entertaining them. I am good at planning and organizing. I discovered for myself that I can be very adaptable and can handle changes very quickly.

I decided to apply for this position because I want to experience Canadian life and culture at first hand, to improve my language skills, to broaden my horizons, make new friends and perhaps, to show them my country. I think that such an experience will be a good contribution to my career. I like to find things out of myself instead of being told or reading about them in books. I have always wanted to discover new places and people, who can teach me things that I do not know and who can expose me to new experiences.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I did my CL more friendlier. Am I on the right way?

I think the first paragraph might benefit from being divided into two.

My favourite things which turned to be my hobbies for whole my life is - are

I have been hired only for summers until the ship has been sold.- I'd say something like 'I was hired every summer until the boat was sold.'

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you tdol

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: I did my CL more friendlier. Am I on the right way?

Quote Originally Posted by BGstudent
    Thank you tdol
    That was briliant

Post Thanks / Like

It is great! It was for sutre quite a good idea to make your essay friendlier. It would be loely if you mentioned some funny things just to break ice but never mind. I like it this way as well. Great job!