Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Icelandic
Home Country
Iceland
Current Location
Iceland
Hello, I am writing a short essay about myself. Could someone please verify that this text has no major grammar or spelling errors. Anyways, thanks very much for your time.

Please indicate area(s) of specific interest:

I find computer science to be very interesting in most aspects. Anything from solving programming puzzles to create my own website. Concrete programming is an exciting option to do in the future. However, theoretical computer science is the field that currently interest me the most. I find it very interesting to create and work with some kind of algorithms, find out how fast they run, how I can improve them and many other calculations concerning algorithms.
However, my specific interest has not been fully determined yet and hence I was hoping that this opportunity could help me illuminate my academic desires.

Please indicate how you believe an internship at... would help you in your further studies and what you expect to learn from the experience:

This opportunity will help my career in numerous ways. Besides all the cultural and linguistic knowledge I will acquire, I think the research experience will become the most valuable asset. I believe that working under a renowned supervisor is an invaluable experience that will help me narrow down my field of interest. It might also give me an insight into the Ph.D. program.
Furthermore, since my interest has not been fully determined yet I look at this opportunity as a beacon of light that will guide me toward my desires. I love to challenge myself and push my abilities to the limit. Therefore, I believe that this internship is the perfect next step in that process.

JTRiff

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Canada
not teacher

some sentence strucuture, maybe a few unneccessary words. It is possible to overuse any word, even 'interesting'. :-D

I find most aspects of computer science very interesting, from solving programming puzzles to creating websites.
Concrete programming is an exciting option for the future. However, theoretical computer science is the field that currently interests me the most.
I like to to create and work with algorithms, find out how fast they run, and learn how I can improve them.
However, my specific interest has yet to be determined, and I'm hopeful that this opportunity will help me illuminate my academic future.

Status
Not open for further replies.