English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Japan
Hi,

I am writing the Celta Pre-interview task to be held at the International House in Bangkok this summer.

I need help with the following two questions.

1) Describe different activities that you imagine language teachers use in the classroom. Say why you think they would be useful for learners. (200-300 words)

- Should it be like a short essay?
- What do they mean by "activities"?
- Should I describe how an activity works, like for example a Bingo game or a particular worksheet, watching a Video or listening to a song and filling the gap?

2) What do you think are the "specific difficulties" of English for the learners? (200- 300 words)

- Should i give only a general idea of the "specifics difficulties" that I think ESL learners may face, or should I explain why, and give example using ESL terminology?

An example of the type of answer they are looking for in Q1 and Q2 will be more appreciated.

Thanks

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
They are trying to judge your potential as a teacher. They want to know what you think, not what you think they want to hear. The number of words specified gives you an idea of the amount of detail you need to give.

This may seem unhelpful, but they want to know about you, not us. Don't forget, this is a pre-CELTA task. You are not epected to give expert answers. If you could, you would not need to go on the course.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
200-300 isn't much space, so they're not looking for much detail.

Andore

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Japan
Thanks guys,

I will go with two short essays then.

dlotus205

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
They are trying to judge your potential as a teacher. They want to know what you think, not what you think they want to hear. The number of words specified gives you an idea of the amount of detail you need to give.

This may seem unhelpful, but they want to know about you, not us. Don't forget, this is a pre-CELTA task. You are not epected to give expert answers. If you could, you would not need to go on the course.

Dear fivejedjon,

I'm interest in this problem.

Thanks for sharing me the information you have about it.

Many thanks advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.