Can you please help me give a speaking passage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

Topic for speaking;
What is your favorite holiday? Use reasons and details to support your response.

Speak in 15 seconds.

"My favorite holiday is Norouz- the Iranian holiday of the new year. We celebrate the first days of Spring and most of us , especially students and teachers, have about 13 days to spend our holiday with our family, relatives, and friends. During those days I can visit the people whom I haven't seen for a year and strength our good relations."

Is the passage getting better?

Thank you,

Last edited:

licinio

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
My suggestion (I'm a learner myself, so maybe someone else would like to correct or alter this further):

"My favorite holiday is Norouz, the Iranian new year. We celebrate the first days of spring and most of us, especially students and teachers, have about 13 days to spend with our family, relatives, and friends. During those days I can visit the people whom I haven't seen for a year and strengthen our good relations."

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
about 13 days- how about using about a fortnight? It's just that 13 sounds very exact to me.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
about 13 days- how about using about a fortnight? It's just that 13 sounds very exact to me.
Sorry, I am not sure the meaning of "about a fortnight". Would you please clarify this expression to me?

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Sorry, I am not sure the meaning of "about a fortnight". Would you please clarify this expression to me?

The word fortnight is in dictionaries.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The word fortnight is in dictionaries.
ok, thanks I got it.

The thirteenth day of holiday of Noruz has a especial meaning in Iran because Iranians go outside at the last day of holiday, thirteenth day, and spend with the family in the Nature. Spending in the Nature in thirteenth day is called Nature Day in Iran.

Status
Not open for further replies.