• Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

• Post Thanks / Like

letter to HM Revenue

Hi, My name is Anita. I would need to write a letter to HM revenue. I tried my best please correct me if you see any mistakes.

Dear HM Revenue,
    I received a letter from HM Revenue last week on my home address in Hungary as a have to pay some money after my National Insurance. I registrated as a self employer in June 2010 but I did not work at all. I came back to Hungary in last year December because of family problems.
    I applied here for unemployment benefit and I`ve sent all my paper, payslips, P45,P60 with a form to HM Revenue&Customs on 30th December 2010.
    I am no longer self-employed.
    I do not understand it just appeared after months and I did not have idea I have to pay NI. I am willing to pay that money and I hope if I paid I can received my hungarian unemployment benefit as well. I`ve tried to send an email but it is not possible and it takes time by letter. Please explain to me what can I do to clear myself and send me an email or letter about my unpaid tax or anything. I would very pleased.

Kind Regards,

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: letter to HM Revenue

Hi, I am not a teacher but I am a native English speaker. Please see my corrections below.
    Quote Originally Posted by manita76 View Post
    Hi, My name is Anita. I would need to write a letter to HM revenue. I tried my best please correct me if you see any mistakes.

Dear HM Revenue,{I would say "Dear Sir or Madam"}
    I received a letter from HM Revenue last week on[at] my home address in Hungary as a[stating I] have to pay some money after[towards] my National Insurance. I registrated[registered] as a self employer[employed] in June [of] 2010 but I did not work at all. I came back to Hungary in last year December because of family problems.
    I applied here for unemployment benefit[s] and I`ve[I] sent all my paper[paperwork], payslips, P45,P60 with a form to HM Revenue&Customs on 30th December 2010.
    I am no longer self-employed.
    I do not understand [why] it just appeared after months and I did not have [any] idea I have[had] to pay NI. I am willing to pay that money and I hope if I paid I can received[receive] my hungarian{capitalize} unemployment benefit as well. I`ve tried to send an email but it is not possible and it takes [more] time by letter. Please explain to me what can I do to clear myself[how I can clear this up] and send me an email or letter about[detailing] my unpaid tax or anything[other requirements]. I would very pleased. [Thank you for your assistance in this matter.]

Kind Regards,