Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hi, My name is Anita. I would need to write a letter to HM revenue. I tried my best please correct me if you see any mistakes.

Dear HM Revenue,
I received a letter from HM Revenue last week on my home address in Hungary as a have to pay some money after my National Insurance. I registrated as a self employer in June 2010 but I did not work at all. I came back to Hungary in last year December because of family problems.
I applied here for unemployment benefit and I`ve sent all my paper, payslips, P45,P60 with a form to HM Revenue&Customs on 30th December 2010.
I am no longer self-employed.
I do not understand it just appeared after months and I did not have idea I have to pay NI. I am willing to pay that money and I hope if I paid I can received my hungarian unemployment benefit as well. I`ve tried to send an email but it is not possible and it takes time by letter. Please explain to me what can I do to clear myself and send me an email or letter about my unpaid tax or anything. I would very pleased.

Kind Regards,

luschen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, I am not a teacher but I am a native English speaker. Please see my corrections below.
Hi, My name is Anita. I would need to write a letter to HM revenue. I tried my best please correct me if you see any mistakes.

Dear HM Revenue,{I would say "Dear Sir or Madam"}
I received a letter from HM Revenue last week [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE][at] my home address in Hungary [STRIKE]as a[/STRIKE][stating I] have to pay some money [STRIKE]after[/STRIKE][towards] my National Insurance. I [STRIKE]registrated[/STRIKE][registered] as [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] self [STRIKE]employer[/STRIKE][employed] in June [of] 2010 but I did not work at all. I came back to Hungary [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] last [STRIKE]year[/STRIKE] December because of family problems.
I applied here for unemployment benefit and [STRIKE] I`ve[/STRIKE] sent all my [STRIKE]paper[/STRIKE][paperwork], payslips, P45,P60 with a form to HM Revenue&Customs on 30th December 2010.
I am no longer self-employed.
I do not understand [why] it just appeared after months and I did not have [any] idea I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE][had] to pay NI. I am willing to pay that money and I hope if I paid I can [STRIKE]received[/STRIKE][receive] my hungarian{capitalize} unemployment benefit as well. I`ve tried to send an email but it is not possible and it takes [more] time by letter. Please explain to me [STRIKE]what can I do to clear myself[/STRIKE][how I can clear this up] and send me an email or letter [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE][detailing] my unpaid tax or [STRIKE]anything[/STRIKE][other requirements]. [STRIKE]I would very pleased. [/STRIKE][Thank you for your assistance in this matter.]

Kind Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.