Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello,

I'm looking at some sentences where, according to the task, I'm supposed to spot mistakes and then make corrections. However, they make sense to me as they are. I'd be grateful if somebody could comment on them.

1. He will go to bed when the last guest goes home.
I guess I'm supposed to say "the last guest has gone', however, it seems to me the simple is fine too.

2. If he wakes up too late, she will go to the country without him.
Again, the authors want me to use 'she will have gone', but the meaning would be different, in my opinion :-?

3. Every time when the boy brings home something ugly, he says he found it in the street.
Is 'has found' so necessary here?

Thank you.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello,

I'm looking at some sentences where, according to the task, I'm supposed to spot mistakes and then make corrections. However, they make sense to me as they are. I'd be grateful if somebody could comment on them.

I guess I'm supposed to say "the last guest has gone', however, it seems to me the simple is fine too.

Again, the authors want me to use 'she will have gone', but the meaning would be different, in my opinion :-?

3. Every time when the boy brings home something ugly, he says he found it in the street.

Thank you.

They all sound fine to me. :-?

Except I would delete when in #3.

Verona_82

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Ukraine
Thanks. It's really relieving.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

Thank you.

***** A NON-TEACHER's COMMENT *****

Every time when = Whenever.

Respectfully yours,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.