Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
[FONT=&quot]It is very imperative to know English grammar properly. Even a small error while writing or speaking will kill your credibility as a writer. Whenever I write on any topic, I struggled a lot with basic grammar. But reading newspapers, novels and magazines really helped me a lot in improving my English language. You have so many resources available online that help you to brush your grammar. Indeed there is no other short cut to master English language, write and re-write – you will point out your own mistakes. [/FONT]

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&quot]It is very imperative to know English grammar properly. Even a small error while writing or speaking will kill your credibility as a writer. Whenever I write on any topic, I struggled a lot with basic grammar. But reading newspapers, novels and magazines really helped me a lot in improving my English language. You have so many resources available online that help you to brush your grammar. Indeed there is no other short cut to master English language, write and re-write – you will point out your own mistakes. [/FONT]

NOT A TEACHER

(1) Congratulations on your excellent grammar and wonderful attitude.

(2) Yes, you are correct: we all should strive to write the best

English possible.

(3) I wish to point out a few minor points:

(a) Whenever I write, I struggle. I think that the present would be

preferable. It matches "write," and you are still an active writer.

(b) Again, I would suggest: But reading ... really helps me ....to improve

(c) I believe that the phrasal verb is "brush up on."

(d) Indeed, there is no other shortcut to mastering the English language.

By writing and rewriting, you will eventually achieve a polished product.

Respectfully yours,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.