This is just my intro and first paragraph of my thesis paper
about 'The Catcher in the Rye.' Please read and check my
grammar and also I'd like to hear some comment on it.
Like.. Am I on the right track of starting my thesis?

--------------------------

Jerome David Salinger, or J.D. Salinger, is a mysterious writer who wrote one of the

greatest books in the twentieth century: The Catcher in the Rye. Born on the first day of the year

of 1919, he graduated from Columbia University, New York, where he studied short stories, and

served military during the World War II. Although rapped out tone, explicit description of sex,

and teenage unrest and angst toward society and life that are shown through Salinger’s book

were quiet debatable when the book was published, his works still represent a bildungsromanin

America after the war time period. Today, The Catcher in the Rye, has been translated into most

of world’s major languages, considered to be the best American novel, and sold millions of

copies every year. A main character from ‘The Catcher in the Rye’, Holden Caulfield became a

symbol of teenager’s rebellion and their searching for independence. Conflicts and struggles

what Holden has are the problems that most of adults once experienced before during their

adolescence and they look on the confusion and unstable thoughts, behavior, and identity of

teenagers through Holden. Holden’s ambivalent attitude toward growing up is revealed through

his unsettled and capricious mind with his denunciation of social norms, his distrust of adults,

and his distrusted idealistic belief in the purity of childhood.

Kurt Lewin, a German-American psychologist and the founder of modern social

psychology, expressed adolescence as a “marginal man” due to his or her confusion of identity

between adult and child. Adolescent often experiences drastic physical and mental growth and

those growth sometimes cause fairly big psychological changes and even social maladjustment.

As a marginal man, or an outsider, Holden carries on like he is an adult, but fiercely denounces

social hypocrisy and meanness at the same time. His feeling and view are changing every second

and he seems unsettle and unstable in many ways. He shows his distrust of adults and always

looks on everything with a jaundiced eye. However, he sometimes talks about his smart,

insightful younger sister, Phoebe and departed, brilliant little brother Allie and love and long for

the purity of childhood. Through the book, Salinger attempts to portrays the twisted society and

its inconsistent image, in sixteen-year-old boy’s eye. He is fairly reflecting not only teenager’s

mind and attitude, but also their confusion and perverse views of society which are very typical

scene what usually shown in many teenagers.