Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello everybody,
(I would like to write a letter to my manger to take permission to change the duty with one of my other colleague.)
check the following letters and rectify the mistakes.

Dear Sir,
I would like to ask your permission to change two days duty with Mr.XXX. As per duty roaster 28-05-2011 and 29-05-2011 my duty should be Morning but Mr.xxx will be coming to morning instead of me and I will do his night duty further that week (24-05-2011 & 25-05-2011).
Kindly look in to this matter and do the needful.

I am waiting for your reply

Rgs.
Yyy
---------------------------

Dear Sir,
I am pleased to inform you that I am going to change the 2 days duty with Mr.xxx. on 28-05-2011 & 28-05-2011 Mr.XXX will going to do my Morning duty and 25-05-2011 & 26-05-2011 he will going to do his night duty. All the terms will remain as per the previous allocation.

Please give me permission to change the duty.

Im waiting for your reply.
Thanking you,
Regards,
YYY

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
hello.....

till yet nobody helped me for this letter...

Tullia

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Dear Mr. [YourManager'sName],

I would like to ask your permission to swap two shifts with Mr.XXX. As per the duty roster for the 28th and 29th of May, I am assigned to the morning shift, but, with your permission, Mr XXX will attend instead and I will carry out his night shifts earlier in the week, on the 24th and 25th.
Many thanks for your consideration in this matter, and I await your response.

Yours sincerely,

Yyy

I have made some amendments to your letter above. Please note it would be usual, in the UK at least, to offer some reason for the request, such as a doctor's appointment or similar to explain why you cannot attend. In BrE, and I believe in AmE as well, we would refer to "shifts" not "duties" in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.