• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Malay
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store. Are these sentences grammatically correct?

1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belongs to the same company. ABC fashion store is a higher line which sell higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower line which sell lower quality clothes. Just like Regular Toyota and Lexus belong to the same company.

2) My friend ask my parent's about their health.
    3) My friend ask after my parent's health.
    4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name printed on my driver's license.
    5) My mother told my father to make more time for her as she feels bored staying home alone.

luschen is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store. Are these sentences grammatically correc

1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belong to the the same parent company. ABC fashion store is a higher-end line which sells higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower-end line which sells lower quality clothes. Just like Toyota and Lexus belong to the same parent company. {Or "belong the the same corporation" or "are part of the same company"}

2) should be "asks" or "asked" depending on when it happened

3) same as 2.

4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name as printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the name printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the one printed on my driver's license. {This last is my preference}

5) Correct

*** Not a teacher ***

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store. Are these sentences grammatically correc

Quote Originally Posted by luschen View Post
    1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belong to the the same parent company. ABC fashion store is a higher-end line which sells higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower-end line which sells lower quality clothes, just like Toyota and Lexus belong to the same parent company. {Or "belong the the same corporation" or "are part of the same company"}

2) should be "asks" or "asked" depending on when it happened. And remove the apostrophe from parent's.

3) same as 2. That works if you have only one parent. If you have two, write parents' health.

4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name as printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the name printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the one printed on my driver's license. {This last is my preference}

5) Correct

Rover