ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store. Are these sentences grammatically correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott833

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belongs to the same company. ABC fashion store is a higher line which sell higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower line which sell lower quality clothes. Just like Regular Toyota and Lexus belong to the same company.

2) My friend ask my parent's about their health.
3) My friend ask after my parent's health.
4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name printed on my driver's license.
5) My mother told my father to make more time for her as she feels bored staying home alone.

luschen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belong to the the same parent company. ABC fashion store is a higher-end line which sells higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower-end line which sells lower quality clothes. Just like Toyota and Lexus belong to the same parent company. {Or "belong the the same corporation" or "are part of the same company"}

2) should be "asks" or "asked" depending on when it happened

3) same as 2.

4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name as printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the name printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the one printed on my driver's license. {This last is my preference}

5) Correct

*** Not a teacher ***

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
1) ABC fashion store and BBB fashion store belong to the the same parent company. ABC fashion store is a higher-end line which sells higher quality clothes whereas BBB is a lower-end line which sells lower quality clothes, just like Toyota and Lexus belong to the same parent company. {Or "belong the the same corporation" or "are part of the same company"}

2) should be "asks" or "asked" depending on when it happened. And remove the apostrophe from parent's.

3) same as 2. That works if you have only one parent. If you have two, write parents' health.

4) My name on the ID is not the same as my name as printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the name printed on my driver's license. OR My name on the ID is not the same as the one printed on my driver's license. {This last is my preference}

5) Correct

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.