Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,
In the following link there's a pic of a woman whose left hand (at first glance, and to me-!-) seems to be not in a normal position. The first time I saw it I got the impression as if it was another person's right hand! Supposing that what I felt was the real thing, then what can we say about this position? Upside down? Inverted? (Say, it was a big mistake of the painter, or something! Then how should we explain that position of the hand?)

So many thanks for your patience in advance! :)

The Kitchen Bachelor « Kitchen Bachelor

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,
In the following link there's a pic of a woman whose left hand (at first glance, and to me-!-) seems to be not in a normal position. The first time I saw it I got the impression as if it was another person's right hand! Supposing that what I felt was the real thing, then what can we say about this position? Upside down? Inverted? (Say, it was a big mistake of the painter, or something! Then how should we explain that position of the hand?)

So many thanks for your patience in advance! :)

The Kitchen Bachelor « Kitchen Bachelor
Yes, you are right! With her thumb and fingers facing in that direction, her palm would have to be facing away from her body.

From the normal anatomical position (Arms straight downwards, palms facing forward), she has extended her left shoulder posteriorly, and internally rotated and adducted (moved centrally) her shoulder slightly, flexed her elbow, and dorsiflexed her wrist. Her thumb should be pointing the other way.

Her hand is "back-to-front".

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Yes, you are right! With her thumb and fingers facing in that direction, her palm would have to be facing away from her body.

From the normal anatomical position (Arms straight downwards, palms facing forward), she has extended her left shoulder posteriorly, and internally rotated and adducted (moved centrally) her shoulder slightly, flexed her elbow, and dorsiflexed her wrist. Her thumb should be pointing the other way.

Her hand is "back-to-front".

Thanks a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.