Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Cover Letter for mobility prog.

Hi, I know it is a lot to ask and a lot of work, but i would be extremly grateful if someone could give me advice on how to improve my letter and maybe correct my mistakes. Thanks in advance :)
-------

Dear Sir/Madam!
I’m writing You in order to apply for international educational program “Erasmus Mundus”.

I am a second year post-graduate student of the Faculty ... at .... (Russia), which I graduated from in 2009 with the Degree in Soil Science/Agrochemistry. I expect that student mobility program at the University of .... (Germany) will contribute enormously to my academic researches and career plans.

There are several goals, which I’d like to achieve through participating in the Program. My primary intent is the opportunity to obtain experience of international communication and cooperation. I found very interesting the possibility to study and do researches in contact with international academic society, an experience that would be very essential for me. The chances to adapt and develop a broader outlook on the world would help me to prepare for a career path I am going to follow in the nearest future.

The second strongest benefit of the Program in my opinion is that it is the optimal way to broaden my perspective and to contribute to my personal development by expanding my horizons. Lion’s share of my educational experience is related to the study of soil science, agricultural chemistry, soil fertility and various aspects of global and international concerns in agriculture. My Thesis research is based on my previous study of soil-plant system pollution and is focused on the effect of preparation composed of trace elements and humates on heavy metals state in soil and on their distribution into plants. And such courses in the University as ...... will be good supplement not only to disciplines I’ve already studied at the faculty, but also for my scientific study.

I believe that Organic Agriculture is important and forward-looking trend of the modern world, because of the globalization and increasing environmental pollution. That’s why such courses as ...... will be useful as for my self-development and for my future career.
I would also appreciate to have a possibility to use the resources of .... Library and Archives, the research facilities and of course to get professional consultations on economics, food technology and agriculture with the University Experts.

The last but not the least benefit of the Erasmus Mundus Program is that it will give me unique opportunity to improve my knowledge of English and to learn some more languages at the same time. There is no better and more effective way to learn a language than to be immersed in a culture that speaks the language you are learning.

In conclusion, I would like to say that the skills and experience I obtain from taking part in mobility program in the University will improve my knowledge in many branches of science; it will also provide an excellent social experience of communication and living abroad. I’m sure, this knowledge will substantially enlarge my educational background and can be used to make an excellent career or to carry out a successful academic research, contributing to the development of Russian economy and agriculture.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, I know it is a lot to ask and a lot of work, but i would be extremly grateful if someone could give me advice on how to improve my letter and maybe correct my mistakes. Thanks in advance :)
-------

Dear Sir/Madam:

I’m writing [STRIKE]You[/STRIKE] in order to apply for the international educational program “Erasmus Mundus”.

I am a second year post-graduate student of the Faculty ... at .... (Russia), which I graduated from in 2009 with [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]a Degree in Soil Science/Agrochemistry. I expect that the student mobility program at the University of .... (Germany) will contribute enormously to my academic research[STRIKE]es[/STRIKE] and career plans.

There are several goals[STRIKE], [/STRIKE]which I’d like to achieve through participating in the Program. My primary intent is to have the opportunity to obtain experience [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE]in international communication and cooperation. I found very interesting the possibility to study and do research[STRIKE]es[/STRIKE] in contact with an international academic society, an experience that would be very essential (AND/OR beneficial ?) for me. The chance[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] to adapt and develop a broader outlook on the world would help me to prepare for a career path that I am going to follow in the near[STRIKE]est[/STRIKE] future.

The second strongest benefit of the Program, in my opinion, is that it is the optimal way to broaden my perspective,expand my horizons and [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] contribute to my personal development [STRIKE]by expanding my horizons[/STRIKE]. The lion’s ( OR greater ?) share of my educational experience is related to the study of soil science, agricultural chemistry, soil fertility and various aspects of global and international concerns in agriculture. My Master’s Thesis research was based on my previous study of soil-plant system pollution. [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE]It focused on the effect of preparation composed of trace elements and humates on heavy metals state in soil and on their distribution into plants. [STRIKE]And such [/STRIKE]Courses in the University such as ...... will be a good supplement not only to disciplines I’ve already studied at the faculty, but also for my scientific study.

I believe that Organic Agriculture is important and a forward-looking trend of the modern world, because of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] globalization and increasing environmental pollution. That’s why such courses as ...... will be useful [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] for my self-development and for my future career.
I would also appreciate to have a possibility to use the resources of .... Library and Archives, the research facilities and, of course, to get professional consultation[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] on economics, food technology and agriculture with [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] university experts.

The last, but not the least, benefit of the Erasmus Mundus Program is that it will give me a unique opportunity to improve my knowledge of English and to learn [STRIKE]some more [/STRIKE] other languages at the same time. There is no better and more effective way to learn a language than to be immersed in a culture that speaks the language you are learning.

In conclusion, I would like to say that the skills and experience I obtain from taking part in the mobility program in the University will improve my knowledge in many branches of science; it will also provide an excellent social experience of communication and living abroad. I’m sure[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] this knowledge will substantially enlarge my educational background and can be used to make an excellent career or to carry out [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]successful academic research and contributing to the development of Russian economy and agriculture.

Sincerely,

A few suggestions.

AFelix

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thank you very much, appears that I have something to strive for )))

Status
Not open for further replies.