My "fixes".Put the verbs in the brackets into the Simple Present or Present Continuous Tense:
1. Cuckoos _______ (not build) nest. They _______ (use) the nest of other birds.
2. You can't see Tom now: he ________ (have) a bath.
3. I won't go out now as it ______ (rain) and I don't have an umbrella.
4. The last train _______ (leave) the station at 11.30.
5. He usually ________ (speak) so quickly that I ______ (not understand) him.
6. Hardly anyone ________ (wear) a hat nowdays.
7. Marry usually ________ (learn) languages very quickly but she ________ (not seem) able to learn modern Greek.
8. I always _______ (buy) lottery ticket but I never ____ (win) anything.
9. He always ______ (say) that he will mend the window but the never ______ (do it).
10. What you ________ (have) for breakfast usually? - I usually _____ (eat) a carrot and _______ (drink) a glass of cold water.
11. Look at the crowd. I _______ (wonder) what the _________ (wait) for.
12. I ________ (save) up because I __________ (go) abroad in July.
13. I ________ (think) it is a pity you don't take more exercise.
You ________ (get) fat.
14. The plane that you __________ (look) at now just _________ (take) off for Paris.
15. Tom never ________ (do) any work in the garden. He always _______ (work) on his car.
1. hasn't build, are using (don't build nests/use)
2. is having
3. rains, don't have (is raining)
5. speaks, don't
7. learnng, don't seem (learns/doesn't seem)
8. buyinh, win (buy a OR buy lottery tickets)
9. says, doing (does it OR does so)
10. are having, eat, drink
11. wonder, are waiting (they are waiting for)
12. am saving, am going
13. think, are getting (that you don't exercise more)
14. are looking, take (took)
15. doing, work (does/works OR is always working)
Fix it, please. :)
- For Teachers