Please correct me if there's grammtical error,Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Worthington

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I wrote this on my blog and I know there is grammatical error.In short,can someone correct my mistakes?Thank you in advance :-D

Farewell to Man Utd's legendary goalie Van Der Sar,best regards for your retirement,may all the Man Utd's fans have memories of your contributions,we love you VDS!Thank you for everything!
- Genuinely Man United fans

VDS=Abbreviation of Van Der Sar

*note:this isnt a homework

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I wrote this on my blog and I know there is grammatical error.In short,can someone correct my mistakes?Thank you in advance :-D

Farewell to Man Utd's legendary goalie Van Der Sar,best regards for your retirement,may all the Man Utd's fans have memories of your contributions,we love you VDS!Thank you for everything!
- Genuinely Man United fans
The red bits are wrong.
You must leave a space after a punctuation mark. There must be some systematic defect in the Malaysian education system that makes almost everyone not realise this.
You also can't join multiple sentences with commas.
I, personally, would write out "Manchester United" the first time, and abbreviate it thereafter, but that would depend on the context.

"Farewell to Manchester United's legendary goalie, Van Der Sar. Best wishes for your retirement. May all the Man Utd's fans have wonderful memories of your contribution. We love you, VDS! Thank you for everything!
- Genuine [STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE] Man United fans" (I don't know what this line means)

"Best regards for you retirement" is wrong.

JTRiff

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Canada
Farewell to Manchester United's legendary goalie, Van Der Sar.
All Man U fans have wonderful memories of your contributions.
We love you, VDS! Thank you for everything!
- Man United fans

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I commend you on your desire to write correct English on your blog, Edward.

You must have noticed that most bloggers don't give a toss about standard English and often take pleasure in being as ungrammatical as possible.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.