Italian phonetician seeking foreign acquaintances (English or German native speakers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuele1983

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
My name is Emanuele and I am Italian, male, born 1983. I have a university degree in Italian Language and Literature, and am now a PhD Linguistics student in Pisa. I do fieldwork in Italian dialectology.

I am going to spend some months in Zurich next year (spring 2012), and that is a reason why I should improve my proficiency in languages, especially German.

Besides, I'd like to get in touch with willing foreign people so that I can consult their native linguistic competence when required, especially for English, German and French, not excluding other languages. That would be particularly useful for English, since I often feel the need of some native speaker to revise English texts written by me. (My English is British-oriented, but Americans, Australians etc. are welcome too).

In return, I can be very helpful as regards spoken and/or written Italian, for either beginners or advanced learners. I am clever and patient at teaching Italian and correcting people's mistakes. I have a profound knowledge of the issues relating to standard Italian pronunciation, so you can take advantage of this, in case it arouses your interest. I am also skilled and experienced in proofreading written Italian texts.

My major interests are in the following subjects: General Linguistics, Romance (and Latin) Linguistics, Italian Dialectology, Phonetics and Phonology (practical and descriptive approaches), Writing Systems (including shorthand), Poetical Prosody (I am rather expert in Italian versification, and Latin versification to a lesser degree; it would be exciting to know people who are well-informed about other literary traditions).

My pastimes include chess, cycling and landscape photography.

I am a regular user of email and instant messaging.

You can email me at this address:

Hope to receive some replies, thanks for your attention.

Emanuele

Last edited by a moderator:

DontBanMe

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
My name is Emanuele and I am Italian, male, born 1983. I have a university degree in Italian Language and Literature, and am now a PhD Linguistics student in Pisa. I do fieldwork in Italian dialectology.

I am going to spend some months in Zurich next year (spring 2012), and that is a reason why I should improve my proficiency in languages, especially German.

Besides, I'd like to get in touch with willing foreign people so that I can consult their native linguistic competence when required, especially for English, German and French, not excluding other languages. That would be particularly useful for English, since I often feel the need of some native speaker to revise English texts written by me. (My English is British-oriented, but Americans, Australians etc. are welcome too).

In return, I can be very helpful as regards spoken and/or written Italian, for either beginners or advanced learners. I am clever and patient at teaching Italian and correcting people's mistakes. I have a profound knowledge of the issues relating to standard Italian pronunciation, so you can take advantage of this, in case it arouses your interest. I am also skilled and experienced in proofreading written Italian texts.

My major interests are in the following subjects: General Linguistics, Romance (and Latin) Linguistics, Italian Dialectology, Phonetics and Phonology (practical and descriptive approaches), Writing Systems (including shorthand), Poetical Prosody (I am rather expert in Italian versification, and Latin versification to a lesser degree; it would be exciting to know people who are well-informed about other literary traditions).

My pastimes include chess, cycling and landscape photography.

I am a regular user of email and instant messaging.

You can email me at this address:

Hope to receive some replies, thanks for your attention.

Emanuele

Well, I wish i were native speaker. So, I could help you. Be patient and wait for more replies.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.