NOT A TEACHER
(1) Welcome to usingenglish.com. I have learned a lot here.
I am sure that you will, too.
(2) I thought that you would like to know that some famous
people claim that they learned English just by watching TV or
movies. I do not know whether that is true, but I think that
some people have an ear for languages (that is, they learn
to speak and understand a language very quickly. Of course,
writing it is another matter!!!)
(3) Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who have an ear for
language. Do you watch English-language TV or movies
every day? Do you just relax and enjoy the program or film without
trying to understand every single word?
(4) Of course -- as you know -- you can buy listening lesson aids of all
(5) Hopefully, some people will give you some definite ideas about
learning English by listening. Good luck.
- For Teachers