Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Is it good English? Any mistakes, teachers?

1) Dear Arts Center Manager,
I would like to thank you so much for the invitation to the opening of the Arts Center you are the head of. It has been very enjoyable and interesting taking part in the opening. I liked it very much, but I was disappointed by a few things that I know you had promised to my college principal and that you did not keep actually. I am happy to know there is a Cafe where every student can go to to buy something to eat. I have already been there and I can say the atmophere is really nice! I have also seen the Art Gallery and it is very spacious. We are going to have great exhibitions on there! The Art Library is brilliant! I have dropped in on the Music and the rehearsal rooms and I think they are very useful for our college students, but I did not understand whether these rooms are for hire or not. Do we have to pay to get in? And why are not there any recording studios differently from what you had promised before? I want to let you know that 60% of students do want one and they would be rather disappointed if they did not find one at least!
On the handoutof your center I have also read that there is just 15% student discount on all tickets, whereas my principal told me you had arranged a 10% student discount. Can't we do any better to let the students enjoy a major discount just as you had promised before?
I would be very thanksful if we could meet one more time to discuss all the points I have explained in this letter because all the students would appreciate it very much.
Best regards

2) Technology is having a huge impact on modern society today. Technology and the increasing development of the technological sector are contributing to modify and to change our style of life. Tools (OR GOODS??), as television, the cameras, the Internet, the computers and the lap tops, and of course also the mobile phones are a very important part of everybody's daily life. We could scarcely do without them because we are used to using them for our purposes and it would be really hard for us to ignore their existence. One of the most fundamental thing we use many times a day is, without doubt, mobile phones. Everyone of us has got one; some of us also have more than just one! Some people use the cell phone to work, others use it even for their personal life. We can say that in the latest ten years mobile phones have surely turned upside down the relationships among people of the entire world. They have shorted distances so that a person who is in Europe, for istance, can reach another person living in America in a flash! The only thing two people need to do in order to communicate is just to know their phone numbers and, after dialing the number, they can speak to one another as if they were in the self-same city.
But if on one side the invention of cell phones has brought about an improvement of the human relationships, on the other it has also had - and it is still having - some disavantages. For example, many people, above all among the young people, usually spend too much time stuck to their phones. This happens because the most modern and techonologically developed cell phones are equipped with games of any sort, they have any types of application where everyone can spend - I'd say waste instead of spend - his/her time with, andwhat is more, they also have the possibility to surf the net. All this is being causing a kind of addiction to our own phones, through which we can send emails, type messages and text everybody.

dilodi83

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Please, coud you check this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.