• Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEED A HELP

could you cure this cover letter?

"RE: Application for master’s degree

Dear Mr(s),
    I am very interested in pursuing a master’s degree at the university of ..... in “British north-american and post colonial studies” (Master1). From review on deciding which university to attend, I found the Anglophone world department of university ..... is well-known its advanced study and research.
    At present, I hold B.A degree in English language and literature from university of.... As you can see by my resume, this has prepared me well for the post graduate education challenges I now wish to persue.
    I believe the information and education that the English master’s degree program will offer, will farther develop my skills, qualification and knowledge.
    I am thoroughly confident that no other group of professors and assistants could provide me with the best experience available to facilitate my dream of being an English teacher.
    I have enclosed my resume. Thank you for your consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Very truly yours; "

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEED A HELP

Quote Originally Posted by zainouba View Post
    Could you cure correct this covering letter please?

"RE: Application for Master’s degree

Dear Mr(s) + surname,

I am very interested in pursuing a Master’s degree at the university of .....* in “British, North American and Post-Colonial Studies” (Master1).

*It will depend on whether you are applying to a university in the UK or USA. In the USA, it's probably "University of California" or similar, but in the UK, it's likely to be "Hull University".

From review on the information I discovered when deciding which university to attend, I found know the Anglophone World department of University ..... is well-known for its advanced study and research.

At present, I hold a B.A degree in English Language and Literature from the University of.... As you can see by from my resume, this has prepared me well for the postgraduate education challenges I now wish to pursue.

I believe the information and education that the English Master’s degree program will offer, will further develop my skills, qualifications and knowledge.

I am thoroughly totally/completely confident that no other group of professors and assistants could provide me with the best a better experience opportunityavailable to facilitate my dream of being an English teacher.

I have enclosed my resume. Thank you for your consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Very truly yours;
    Yours sincerely

[Your name]
    "
    Please see my amendments above. If you start the letter with the name of the person in charge, then you will need to use Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + surname, and then you can finish the letter with "Yours sincerely". If you start the letter with "Dear Sir/Madam", then you will finish it "Yours faithfully".

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEED A HELP

Are you sure you have a degree in English language? You don't state the university from which you graduated.

Rover