Post Thanks / Like

Default please help me with this one...whats wrong with these sentences, kindly rephrase

We've been together for years now and for the most part, things just turned really bad... it just turned from bad to worse.....
    We've had our ups and downs, broke up and made up not more than once or maybe i should say 100 times but still the relationship continues.
    Our relationship goes on, it was not that great but manageable not until i got pregnant and you did something that made me realize that it wasnt really me, im not the one for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please help me with this one...whats wrong with these sentences, kindly rephrase

im begging u guys, please help me with these sentences. thanks.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please help me with this one...whats wrong with these sentences, kindly rephrase

We've been together for years now and for the most part, things just turned really bad... it just turned from bad to worse.....

This sentence is a bit illogical- have things just turned bad or have they always been bad- 'for the most part' and 'just' don't fit together.

We've been together for years now and, for the most part, things have been bad, but they have just gone from bad to worse.
    (Your punctuation is a bit off)

We've had our ups and downs, broke up and made up not more than once or maybe i should say 100 times but still the relationship continues.
    The verb usage is inconsistent in the mixing of present perfect and past:
    We've had our ups and downs, broken up and made up more than once, or maybe I should say hundreds of tims, but still the relationship goes on.
    (In yours, the 'not more once' doesn't make sense to me)

Our relationship goes on, it was not that great but manageable not until i got pregnant and you did something that made me realize that it wasnt really me, im not the one for you.

Again, punctuation is a problem, and you using a negative where you should logically be using a positive.

Our relationship was not great; it was not that great, but it was manageable until I got pregnant ... (rest OK)
    Instead of the semi-colon, you could use a comma + but.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, punctuation is a problem, and you using a negative where you should logically be using a positive.

Our relationship was not great; it was not that great, but it was manageable until I got pregnant ... (rest OK)
    Instead of the semi-colon, you could use a comma + but

so, how will i rephrase this sentence now. is it bad to use negative?