English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Japan
Hello,

I need someone to proofread my essays before sending my application to Cetla.

Since, I am alone in a small japanese town, I don't know anyone here who can help me.

Essay 1) PERSONAL STATEMENT ( 192/ 200 words)

I believe that I can undertake the tasks of the course requirements and that I am well suited for a teaching career because of my life experience, my previous work as an ESL teacher, my own experience learning English as a second language when I was younger, and my ability to relate to the students’ difficulties.

However, especially when it comes to lesson planning, I feel that I need a more formal training to become a better teacher. Furthermore, because I wish to take the Delta course in a few years, I believe it will greatly benefit me to have completed the Celta beforehand. Meanwhile, having a Celta certification will help me to pursue my career as an ESL Teacher in Japan, and give me access to better jobs all around Asia.

Finally, beside the fact that I love teaching, I believe that my greatest asset to be a successful ESL teacher is my enthusiasm to continue my own education and be an effective and committed English teacher.

MY STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (92/100 words)

I believe my strengths to be my class management skill, my grammar knowledge, and my capacity to get on well with others. I am also hard working, and I manage my time efficiently.

On the other hand, I am aware of my lack of formal training when it comes to lesson planing, teaching phonology, and student evaluation. However, I am eager to receive advice from my peers and tutor, and keen to follow their recommendations.

Finally, I have a light French-Canadian accent that I try to change slightly to be more neutral and standard, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Essay 3) ACTIVITIES use in classroom (299 / 300words)

I believe ESL teachers use a variety of fun and interesting activities and games to promote all English skills and keep their lessons fresh. First, let’s me briefly describe and review the benefits of games and game-like activities.

A) Games and Game-like Activities

Games are useful because they can be amusing, challenging, and motivating; hence, increase class participation. While playing a game, learners use the language instead of thinking about its correct form.

For example, a simple bingo game, where learners have to make their own bingo card from a list of words, or a Board Game like Word Up! is helpful to practice writing, spelling, listening, reading, and building new vocabulary.

Finally, games such as Hangman, Tic tac Toe, and What’s in the bag? give learners the opportunity to try the words or phrases they just learned. They can also be useful warm-ups to get learners in the mood to learn English before doing any of the following activities.

B) Activities

Worksheets listing questions or asking to do a specific task such as a gap feeling exercise, help learners to improve their sentence structure, grammar, and vocabulary, while scrambled word sheets, are also good to practice reading.

Repetition, where learners repeat after the teacher words, sentences, or patterns helps learners to remember the construction of the target language and its pronunciation.

Pair or group work, gives learners the chance to express their ideas and opinions or ask questions in English to each other, while activities like role-play, simulations, and interviews provide opportunities for the learners to use English to communicate with each other.

Finally, I believe ESL teachers use activity base on authentic material like, video, song, newspaper articles, artifact, and various objects to help learners to use the language in context and to focus more on content and meaning instead of the language itself.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate!

AG

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You posted this only a few minutes ago. Please do not strat duplicate threads.

As I said in the other thread:

Sorry, we can't do that. The course providers are trying to assess what you can do.

Andore

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Japan
I am sorry for the second post. The screen froze for a minute or so. It did not seem to have work the first time, so I re-submit!

AG

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I am sorry for the second post. The screen froze for a minute or so. It did not seem to have work the first time, so I re-submit!
No problem. This happens sometimes.

The only annoying thing for you is that when it does happen, you will be asked by some impatient old **** like me not to commit such a horrendous crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.