• English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: class of our own

Symaa and Unpakwon:

I am so excited that you are interested in the history of The Times. I am afraid to

talk more about it because I am afraid that the moderator will move this thread to

another forum. If you google, you will find tons of material. Of course, start with

Wikipedia. I will close this brief note with something that may or may not be true:

In the olden days, newspapers were printed on good paper. Supposedly, sometimes

when The Times arrived at the homes of rich and powerful people, the butler would

press the pages with a hot iron to make sure that the pages were perfectly flat!!!

I do not dare write more. The moderators want us to discuss only "in a class of its/his/

her own."

James

symaa is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: class of our own

Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    Symaa and Unpakwon:

I am so excited that you are interested in the history of The Times. I am afraid to

talk more about it because I am afraid that the moderator will move this thread to

another forum. If you google, you will find tons of material. Of course, start with

Wikipedia. I will close this brief note with something that may or may not be true:

In the olden days, newspapers were printed on good paper. Supposedly, sometimes

when The Times arrived at the homes of rich and powerful people, the butler would

press the pages with a hot iron to make sure that the pages were perfectly flat!!!

I do not dare write more. The moderators want us to discuss only "in a class of its/his/

her own."

James
    Thank you very much sir James for your continual help and worthy informations. Really I like your answers and your replies because you simplify everything, furthermore, I learn from you new vocabularies.
    You deserve more than "Thanks", I believe if you are a teacher you will immediately have great, ineffable success with your students.

Best regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12