Academic
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I intend to send this cover letter for an internship.
I would appreciate it if you could check it and tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Ms Smith[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am interested in applying for the internship currently advertised on your website. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This position corresponds to what I am looking for and I believe that it will provide me with the opportunity to demonstrate my knowledge, experience and educational background.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have an MA in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia and a BA in Communication, Media and Culture from Panteion University. I always had a deep appreciation for literature but both my undergraduate and postgraduate education has taken my interest to a whole new level. During my studies at Panteion University, I worked for the Centre of Turkish Studies. It was a very useful experience, my duties involved providing administrative support as well as conducting research regarding the freedom of speech in Turkey. In addition, I assisted in the translation of relevant articles from English, French and Turkish to Greek. I was a member of the organising committee of “Turkey’s European Accession” a conference held in Thessaloniki in 2005. During the conference I gave a speech regarding free speech in modern day Turkey. I was also a member of the Forum for European Journalism Students, F.E.J.S. It was a very useful experience for me because it taught me to interact and communicate with people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds. I learned how to be an effective team member and to maintain a calm and professional manner during difficult circumstances. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I am particularly interested in working for(company’s name). The idea that literature can be used as a link to connect different cultures and to promote further understanding is appealing to me. It would be a useful experience for me, as it would provide me with further knowledge regarding the freedom of speech. I would love to be given the chance to contribute to (company’s name) campaigns regarding the libel law reform and the freedom of speech in China.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your time and consideration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking forward to hear from you soon,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Astaparata

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your help!

Ms.Bright Student

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Gillnetter,

if you dont mind i would like to ask you why you removed "looking ....." sentence.

I am asking you because i often use that sentence in letter, so if its incorrect i will avoid using it in future.

Thanx

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Gillnetter,

if you dont mind i would like to ask you why you removed "looking ....." sentence.

I am asking you because i often use that sentence in letter, so if its incorrect i will avoid using it in future.

Thanx

I think the phrase (it is not a complete sentence) is a cliche and it does not mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.