Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello Everyone,

I am studying to become an English Teacher, and our class was given the assignment to post a message on a forum. I had to find a forum which I can relate to, and conversate on a reasonable level. After searching for about half an hour I found this forum, I did not even take a lot of time to active a new account, since I have never posted anything on a forum before!

Enough for that, I would like to share my ideas about teaching English. I really like teaching, and I'm only a first year student. The satisfaction you get from teaching pupils something they did not know yet is very rewarding. The most rewarding moment is when a pupil has difficulties to understand what you're saying. After you've explained it a few times, they finally get it. The look on the face of the pupil is priceless.

There are also pupils who don't seem to care about what you say, and just concentrate on their own activities during class. I think it is disrespectfull towards both the teacher and the pupils who are paying attention. I guess pupils don't seem to understand that they need education to start their own life. Most of them just fool around, and don't make longterm plans or know what their profession will be in the future.
I think that is a pity, because there are also children capable of studying without the money to do so. The ones lucky enough to have the resources, often don't care and have other priorities.

I hope pupils will start to appreciate teacher a bit more, and start to develop a plan for the future, so they will build a future for their own children. Thank you very much for reading my post, if you have any comments, please let me know!

xoxo Rnee

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I think that is a pity, because there are also children capable of studying without the money to do so. The ones lucky enough to have the resources, often don't care and have other priorities.

A friend from the UK came out to see me when I was living in Cambodia and he met a Cambodian friend of mine who was from a poor village and really had to struggle to get to university and when she asked him what he'd studied, he rather sheepishly said that he'd dropped out because he didn't like it. Afterwards, he told me how embarrassed he felt when he'd heard how hard it can be to access education.

Welcome to the forum :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.