Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
My most interesting experience has been joining a TOEFL IBT forum for 2 reasons.The first is that, it was helpful. Since many times I failed TOEFL IBT, I lost my self-confidence. But, after joining the forum , I've learned that I'm not the only person who got stuck in TOEFL. In fact , I've realised that there are many students who have the same problems since it is a challenging and tough exam. Second, I changed my learning method, because I've read the comments of other students and teachers. So, I've learned how to prepare for the exam, how to answer questions, which books to read and many other things that my teacher has never told us.

Thank you for taking the time correcting my paragraph.

Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My most interesting experience has been joining a TOEFL IBT forum for 2 reasons.The first is that, it was helpful. Since many times I failed TOEFL IBT, I lost my self-confidence. But, after joining the forum , I've learned that I'm not the only person who got stuck in TOEFL. In fact , I've realised that there are many students who have the same problems since it is a challenging and tough exam. Second, I changed my learning method, because I've read the comments of other students and teachers. So, I've learned how to prepare for the exam, how to answer questions, which books to read and many other things that my teacher has never told us.

Thank you for taking the time correcting my paragraph.

Looks good to me. But I might suggest only that you restructure your first sentence, because it contains two distinct thoughts as you presented it. Consider: There are two reasons why joining a TOEFL IBT has made it a most interesting experience.

arzgol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
Thank you so much.

mega21

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I'm not a native speaker but I like to say my opinion about your last line "that my teacher has never told us"
How about that my teacher had never told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.