Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
By "communication and communication costs", does it mean "correspondence by some devices like phones, internet, etc" or "verbal interaction"? I think the former, but the Korean translation goes "transportation" which is kind of doubtful.

ex)Now, as always, cities are desperate to create the impression that they lie at the center of something or other. This idea of centrality may be locational, namely that a city lies at the geographical center of England, Europe, and so on. This draws on a well-established notion that geographical centrality makes a place more accessible, easing communication and communication costs.. However, now that the economy is characterized more by the exchange of information than by hard goods, geographical centrality has been replaced by attempts to create a sense of cultural centrality.....

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
By "communication and communication costs", does it mean "correspondence by some devices like phones, internet, etc" or "verbal interaction"? I think the former, but the Korean translation goes "transportation" which is kind of doubtful.

ex)Now, as always, cities are desperate to create the impression that they lie at the center of something or other. This idea of centrality may be locational, namely that a city lies at the geographical center of England, Europe, and so on. This draws on a well-established notion that geographical centrality makes a place more accessible, easing communication and communication costs.. However, now that the economy is characterized more by the exchange of information than by hard goods, geographical centrality has been replaced by attempts to create a sense of cultural centrality.....

Maybe this seems tricky for native speakers, I guess

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
By "communication and communication costs", does it mean "correspondence by some devices like phones, internet, etc" or "verbal interaction"?

It means all of the above (plus the costs of operating them).

Rover

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I would say it does not include transportation.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.