Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
For instance, when I registered for an English course after a couple of cessions, I've realized that I was wasting time and money, because my teacher was not a certified one and on top of that her classes was so boring that I didn't learn anything in her class.

I don't know how to express myself. After going to an English class, I noticed I was wasting my time.

Thank you for spending the time to correct my sentences.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I registered for an English course, but after a couple of sessions, I've realized that I was wasting time and money, because my teacher was not [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] certified. [STRIKE]one [/STRIKE]On top of that, her classes [STRIKE]was [/STRIKE] were so boring that I didn't learn anything. [STRIKE]in her class[/STRIKE].
Try not to start a piece of writing with "For instance". It doesn't make sense. Same for "For example". You have to say something before you give an instance or an example. But maybe the above is an example sentence?
If it is, it should be in quotes.

I don't know how to express myself. After going to an English class, I noticed I was wasting my time.
Is this a problem you have that you're telling us about, or is it an unquoted example sentence? How do we tell the difference between this type of sentence and the one below? In this case, context is not reliable.

Thank you for spending the time to correct my sentences. This one's OK, but I guess this isn't one for correction.
This month's lesson for everybody:
Quote your example sentences and words.
If you don't understand what this means, please ask.

arzgol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
Thank you very much Raymott. I used ''for instance'' because it was a sentence in the middle of my paragraph. It was difficult for me to express myself in my first sentence.

Yours sincerely,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.