Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
[FONT=&quot]Could you help me to check my essay, please?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From infanthood to adolescence, parents always have an extremely great impact on us, both positive and negative influence. From my personal angle, despite some of their bad behaviors, parents are still the best teachers that I have ever known because of the following reasons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First and foremost, thanks to our parents, we can exist in this world and grow up like a true human being. They bear children and have responsibility for nurturing them. On being a small child, parents lull us to sleep, teach us how to speak, stand and walk. When we become the adolescent, parents often teach us the basic things to be a perfect person, for example, etiquette and behavior. Furthermore, the characteristics of parents also affect the young’s personalities. For instance, my father never drinks alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Therefore, my brother usually refuses to drink wine and he also advises his friends to give up those bad habits.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Secondly, some people assume that only teachers are qualified to teach, but it is extremely troublesome to find an instructor who has an ability to pass down both academic knowledge and practical experience like our parents. For example, when I was a young student, I used to ask my father to help me solve the mathematics exercises, even though he is a merchant. As you see, our parents may be not specialized in all specific fields, but they have a kind of instinct to sacrifice for the betterment of their children. At school, children have many opportunities to learn science and art. In contrast, the schoolteachers do not train them to cook, weave or repair machines like our parents. They are not only a loyal friend but also a reliable consultant. They are willing to help us encounter the difficulties and share with us both happiness and sorrow.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last but not least, parents give us passionate love and the feeling of a true family. Everything they sacrifice is derived from affection and the consciousness of responsibility. But for their love, we would not have grown up and soon become the miserable children. Schoolteacher can broaden our horizon, but only parents can help us understand how the importance of the family love is. For example, the orphan always feels unconfident and pessimistic because they never experience the wonderful feeling of being loved. In addition, our parents’ love is an incentive for us to study, work and overcome the troubles in life.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In conclusion, parents are forever an excellent instructor that nobody is totally comparable with because they bring us up, teach us how to become a respectful person and also give us sincere love. All the lessons that we have learned from our parents are enormously rewarding and invaluable. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
From infancy to adolescence, parents always have an extremely great impact on us - both positive and negative[STRIKE] influence[/STRIKE]. From my personal angle, despite some of their bad behavior[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE], parents are still the best teachers that I have ever known for the following reasons.

First and foremost, thanks to our parents, we can exist in this world and grow up like [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] true human beings. They bear children and have responsibility for nurturing them. When we are small children, parents lull us to sleep, teach us how to speak, stand and walk. When we become [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] adolescents, parents often teach us the basics of being [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] responsible people, for example, etiquette and behavior. Furthermore, the characteristics of parents also affect the young’s personalities. For instance, my father never drinks alcohol or smokes cigarettes. Therefore, my brother usually refuses to drink wine and he also advises his friends to give up those bad habits.

Secondly, some people assume that only teachers are qualified to teach, but it is extremely difficult to find an instructor who has an ability to pass down both academic knowledge and practical experience like our parents. For example, when I was a young student, I used to ask my father to help me solve [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] mathematics exercises, even though he is a merchant. As you see, our parents may not be specialized in every field, but they have a kind of instinct to sacrifice for the betterment of their children. At school, children have many opportunities to learn science and art. In contrast, the schoolteachers do not train them to cook, weave or repair machines like our parents. They are not only [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] loyal friends but also [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] reliable consultants. They are willing to help us encounter [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] difficulties and share with us both happiness and sorrow.

Last but not least, parents give us passionate love and the feeling of a true family. Everything they sacrifice is derived from affection and the consciousness of responsibility. But for their love, we would not have grown up and remained miserable children. Schoolteachers can broaden our horizons, but only parents can help us understand how [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]important family love is. For example, the orphan always feels unconfident and pessimistic because they never experience the wonderful feeling of being loved. In addition, our parents’ love is an incentive for us to study, work and overcome the troubles in life.

In conclusion, parents are forever [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] excellent instructors that nobody else is totally comparable with because they bring us up, teach us how to become a[STRIKE][/STRIKE] respectful people and also give us sincere love. All the lessons that we have learned from our parents are enormously rewarding and invaluable.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.