Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
In my view, if a person travels to my hometown he won't like Tehran for 2 reasons. First, s/he has to conform to the Islamic dress code even though s/he is not a Muslim. For example: one day in the summer an Indian airplane had to land emergency on the Tehran airport. Passengers were not allowed to go out to the transit salon, since women didn't have a scarf. So, they had to stay in the airplane for 10 hourse until the airplane was repaired. Second, there is no guarantee that a person can return to his country, because sometimes tourists disappear in my country.

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
In my view, if a person travels to my hometown he won't like Tehran for [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two reasons.
"In my view, if a person travels to my hometown, Tehran, he won't like it."
In our sentence, you don't say that Tehran is your home town - though I admit that most people will guess this. But it's awkward.

First, s/he has to conform to the Islamic dress code even though (if) s/he is not a Muslim.
Using "though", you are assuming that the person travelling to Tehran is not a Muslim. I'd write (also to avoid the two 's/he'), "First, people have to conform to the Islamic dress code even if they are not Muslims."

For example: one day in the summer an Indian airplane had to land as an emergency [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE]at the Tehran airport. Or "... an Indian airplane had to make an emergency landing ..."
Passengers were not allowed to go out to the transit [STRIKE]salon[/STRIKE] lounge, since the women didn't have a scarf. So, they had to stay in the airplane for 10 hours until the airplane was repaired. Second, there is no guarantee that a person can return to his country, because sometimes tourists disappear in my country.
Thank you for your reply.
two - integers less than 10 should be spelt out in formal writing.
Your paragraphs are pretty good, despite all the corrections I've made.

arzgol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
Thank you so much. It is really kind of you to help me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.