Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I wanna say something to my supervisor at work but I am not sure about what I am going to say. I want to apologize to hem because I did not answer hem when he tried to shake me hand (shaking hand), so please check it for me:

Dear Supervisor, I just wanna say that I am sorry for misunderstanding you in the first meeting of me with you when you welcomed me and tried to shake me hand but I did not answer you because I puzzled over and confused of what I should do because I did not face like this situation before. I hope you did get me wrong.

Please help me as soon as possible.

kiwi man

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
NOT A TEACHER!

What is hem? Is it him?
What is me hand? Is it my hand?

No offense, your statement sounds a lot like what those rapper would use in their songs.

If I were you, this is what I would say:

Dear supervisor,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize you for our misunderstanding. I was not born in the culture where we would physically touch each other when we first meet and that was why I was caught off guard and I did not know what my proper reaction should be. Hopefully, you are not offended and we can move on from that awkard meeting.

Sincerely,

Your name

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wanna say something to my supervisor at work but I am not sure about what I am going to say. I want to apologize to hem because I did not answer hem when he tried to shake me hand (shaking hand), so please check it for me:

Dear Supervisor, I just wanna say that I am sorry for misunderstanding you in the first meeting of me with you when you welcomed me and tried to shake me hand but I did not answer you because I puzzled over and confused of what I should do because I did not face like this situation before. I hope you did get me wrong.

Please help me as soon as possible.

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Dear Supervisor:

When you welcomed me and shook my hand the other day, I felt so

humble and awkward in your presence that I was too shy to speak.

I apologize for my silence and ask for your understanding.

Matrix: Your situation is similar to something that happened to a hero during World War II. When he was invited to visit the leader of his country, he was unable to answer the leader's questions because the hero could not believe that he was actually speaking with his country's leader (whose name was Winston Churchill). Mr. Churchill said to the hero: " You must feel very humble and awkward in my presence." The hero answered: "Yes, sir." Then Mr. Churchill kindly replied: "Then you can imagine how humble and awkward I feel in yours." This story comes from The Little, Brown Book of Anecdotes, Clifton Fadiman (general editor), copyrighted in 1985.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, matrix.

Please note that we try to avoid chatlish here. Avoid forms such as 'wanna'. In written English (except in texting and chat sites) we always write 'want to'.

Status
Not open for further replies.