Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Mannkavi's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2011
    • Posts: 42
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Thumbs up starting of a presentation

    Hello, I want to know whether this is the right way to start my presentation. Is there any grammatical mistake in this?


    "I would like to present the project work done by me during industrial training semester.
    I have done my industrial training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing company
    It not only manufacture tractors there are many other product manufactured by this company."
    Last edited by Mannkavi; 08-Aug-2011 at 18:35.

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 24,990
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mannkavi View Post
    Hello, I want to know whether this is the right way to start my presentation. Is there any grammatical mistake in this?


    "I would like to present the project work done by me during industrial training semester.
    I have done my industrial training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing company
    It not only manufacture tractors there are many other product manufactured by this company."
    Good morning/afternoon. Today I will be giving you a presentation based on the project [work] I did during my industrial training semester. I completed my training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing companies in the country (or in the area etc as relevant) (here I would also give the name of the company), which manufactures many other products besides tractors.

  3. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,167
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: Help!

    Try to give your thread a good title; people will see the title and decide whether to open it and read it or not.

    Help! or Urgent Help Required!!!!!!
    These are not good titles; they give no idea of what the thread is about.

    Starting a presentation
    This title is clear and people will instantly know what the thread is about. Try to include the theme or topic of the thread in the title. If you include keywords in the title, the forum software will automatically display threads with th same keywords at the bottom of the page, so you will be able to see other discussions on similar topics.

  4. Mannkavi's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2011
    • Posts: 42
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by fivejedjon View Post
    Try to give your thread a good title; people will see the title and decide whether to open it and read it or not.

    Help! or Urgent Help Required!!!!!!
    These are not good titles; they give no idea of what the thread is about.

    Starting a presentation
    This title is clear and people will instantly know what the thread is about. Try to include the theme or topic of the thread in the title. If you include keywords in the title, the forum software will automatically display threads with th same keywords at the bottom of the page, so you will be able to see other discussions on similar topics.
    Sorry sir. Next time i will keep this thing in my mind.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Sindhi
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Mexico

    • Join Date: Jun 2011
    • Posts: 68
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Smile Re: starting of a presentation

    I would like to present the project work done by me during industrial training semester.
    I have done my industrial training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing company
    It not only manufacture tractors there are many other product manufactured by this company."

    Good Morning/ Good Afternoon
    The project which is represented by me during my Industrial training in one the largest Tractor manufacturing company. other product expect tractors are manufactured by this company.
    thanks
    (I am also learner dear but I believe on efforts)

  5. Mannkavi's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2011
    • Posts: 42
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: starting of a presentation

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.yasir ali bhatti View Post
    I would like to present the project work done by me during industrial training semester.
    I have done my industrial training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing company
    It not only manufacture tractors there are many other product manufactured by this company."

    Good Morning/ Good Afternoon
    The project which is represented by me during my Industrial training in one the largest Tractor manufacturing company. other product expect tractors are manufactured by this company.
    thanks
    (I am also learner dear but I believe on efforts)
    Thanks bro.

  6. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,167
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: starting of a presentation

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.yasir ali bhatti View Post
    I would like to present the project work done by me during my industrial training semester.
    I have done my industrial training at one of the largest tractor manufacturing companyies in this country? the world?
    It not only manufactures tractors, but also many other products. there are many other product manufactured by this company."

    Good Morning/ Good Afternoon
    The project which is represented by me during my Industrial training in one the largest Tractor manufacturing company. other product expect tractors are manufactured by this company.
    thanks

    (I am also learner dear but I believe on efforts)
    @engr.yasir ali bhatti: Your willingness to help is appreciated, but, unfortunately, your English is not yet at the level that enables to to correct and/or advise others.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Sindhi
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Mexico

    • Join Date: Jun 2011
    • Posts: 68
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: starting of a presentation

    Sir you removed all my efforts. It was University Presentation not like country level presentation.

  7. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,167
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Re: starting of a presentation

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.yasir ali bhatti View Post
    Sir you removed all my efforts. It was University Presentation not like country level presentation.
    That's the way the crookie cumbles.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Sindhi
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Mexico

    • Join Date: Jun 2011
    • Posts: 68
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: starting of a presentation

    that's the way the cookie crumbles
    Slang term, origin unknown from the 1920's in America. Used to underline a failure of an action, or dissapointment in reaching an undesired result, with the additional meaning that the result was not an unexpected one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •