English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Argentina
Hello!

I am preparing to teach intensive, short-term, private classes with an individual student who will be traveling to Paris for a vacation (lucky her! :)) Her native language is Spanish, but because she has no knowledge of French, she believes that it will be easier for her to improve and use what she already knows with English...

This student has a high beginner/low intermediate level of English, and I am wracking my brain trying to figure out the best way to make our 2 or 3 weekly classes (which will last one hour each) as useful to her as possible. More importantly, because there will be about 12 classes total that we will have together, I don´t want to run out of ideas- Hence the main reason that I am posting!

So far, I have created a very general, somewhat undeveloped, bare bones list of potential things that I could teach her:

+ At the airport
+ At the hotel
+ At the restaurant
+ Shopping
+ Taking the metro

From here, I would ideally like to expand my ideas so that each main topic can last approximately two classes each, but without beating a dead horse. Does anyone know of particularly useful activities or websites in regards to the aforementioned topics, or any additional topics that might be helpful for a person traveling on a vacation? Moreover, does anyone know if there is a way that I can incorporate some sort of grammar for these subjects to further develop the lesson (nothing too complex for someone of her level)?

Many thanks for reading. Regards!

I'm With Stupid

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Vietnam
I think a lesson on directions would be useful too, which could include some work on prepositions (across, along, past, etc).

mara_ce

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Does anyone know of particularly useful activities or websites in regards to the aforementioned topics, or any additional topics that might be helpful for a person traveling on a vacation?
Maybe you could adapt some activities from this website.

Status
Not open for further replies.