Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
'Muifa was still packing winds of up to 144km per hour". please tell me what is meaning of underline sentence

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
'Muifa was still packing winds of up to 144km per hour". Please tell me [STRIKE]what is[/STRIKE] the meaning of the underlined [STRIKE]sentence[/STRIKE] words.
This phrase is frequently heard in weather reports. Sustitute carrying for packing.
"Muifa (the name of this storm) was still carrying heavy winds, which reached a velocity of 144km per hour."

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
This phrase is frequently heard in weather reports. Sustitute carrying for packing.
"Muifa (the name of this storm) was still carrying heavy winds, which reached a velocity of 144km per hour."
Sir ,i am satisfied with your answer please tell me how i should get answer my questions those have not been given answers but they are very necessary for me?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sir ,i am satisfied with your answer please tell me how i should get answer my questions those have not been given answers but they are very necessary for me?

Be patient. Not all questions are answered as quickly as this one was. It depends on the content, the context and whether or not we know the answer! All the teachers and native speakers here are volunteers, doing this in our free time. Most questions get answered - eventually!

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Packing is a slang term for wielding, as in a weapon.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

Which questions are you referring to?

As far as I can see they have all been answered.

Rover

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Which questions are you referring to?

As far as I can see they have all been answered.

Rover
Sorry for not being patient.As you know i am beginner and just two days i have joined this forum therefore i did not know too much about it so again sorry now i have got all answers of my questions.I am very found of learning English and i read English newspapers when i cannot understand any phrase,sentence then i posted that on your forum and after posting i got answer soon but yesterday i posted my question i waited but no answer had been replied to me as soon as bebfore

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry for not being patient.

As you know I am a beginner and just two days ago I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] joined this forum. Therefore, I did not know too much about it so again sorry. Now I have got [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] answers to all of my questions. I am very [STRIKE]found[/STRIKE] fond of learning English and I read English newspapers. [STRIKE]when i cannot understand any phrase,sentence then i posted that on your forum and after posting i got answer soon but yesterday i posted my question i waited but no answer had been replied to me as soon as bebfore[/STRIKE] Recently, when I couldn't understand a phrase or a sentence, I posted it here and I got an answer quickly. Yesterday I posted another question but I didn't get an answer as quickly.

Please see my amendments in red.

Please remember to capitalise the word "I" all the time. Also make sure you add a space after a full stop or a comma (or any other punctuation mark which appears at the end of a word).

Construct shorter sentences too to make your posts easier to read.

Don't worry about the sentence construction too much, but capitalisation and punctuation are important even for beginners!

Status
Not open for further replies.