Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hello friends, I am beginner in English and I can not understand what is said in this video between 24:37 - 25:14, because they talk fast and with a British accent. Can anyone help me and write all the words they speak in this video from 24:37 to 25:14??

Iron Maiden - Band Interviews October 14th, 1985 - YouTube

I would greatly appreciate it if someone did write all the words (word by word)

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hello friends, I am beginner in English and I can not understand what is said in this video between 24:37 - 25:14, because they talk fast and with a British accent. Can anyone help me and write all the words they speak in this video from 24:37 to 25:14??

Iron Maiden - Band Interviews October 14th, 1985 - YouTube

I would greatly appreciate it if someone did write all the words (word by word)

Even if you're only able to understand half the conversation, I'd say you're better than a beginner! Below is my attempt.

Interviewer : And that happened in Christmas of 1975?
Iron Maiden : That's right.
Interviewer: You left 'Smiler' and formed your own band called 'Iron Maiden' which you designed the logo for as well.
Iron Maiden: Yeah
Interviewer: Why did you pick the name 'Iron Maiden', was it do do with Margaret Thatcher?
Iron Maiden: Nah, I don't think I'd heard of her then! It was, er, you know only linked up later on, she wasn't even in power then I don't think, and er, so really it was a torture instrument thing, you know I was watching this film, Man in the Iron Mask, and all that, and er. It was, although that's not actually in the film, erm, basic talkin' about the name exists before I was even thinking about them, I was thinking about names for a band. And, erm, That just came up and I thought, 'oh yeah, that'd be great'.

It was hard as the person used a lot of 'ums' and 'errs'. It's also difficult to capture the flow of the conversation in writing, I've tried to use punctuation, however, it doesn't compare to hearing the real thing.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Please do not post the same question more than once. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.