• Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

university application letter

Hello, it's been some years since I studied English, and I have been asked to write an application letter for a new University. Can someone please take a look at it and see if you find any mistakes?
    I would be very thankful.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to express my great desire of successfully performing the ... degree at the "...". I strongly believe that completing the said degree would be a great step forward in my career and would also help me grow as an individual.

I have always found Computing and New Technologies a fascinating field of study. I have been able to complete the degree on ... combining it with part-time jobs thanks to the liking I have for this field. I chose to study at ..., because I lived in Calatayud for some years, and I think it has provided me with good organization skills and responsibility when studying. It has also helped me to get professional experience and to know first-hand which technologies and skills are the most useful for a computer engineer. I have always had the idea of studying a Master degree and I think this is a great opportunity for me.

I have chosen to study this Master degree because I find the subjects taught in it very attractive and job-oriented, for the status the University has in the field of computer engineering as well as for the positive opinions I have heard from friends who entered the ... University.

For all this, if I am finally given the chance of studying at this University, I will make my best in order to complete the said Master degree as successfully as possible.

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by enriquegoni; 04-Sep-2011 at 22:27.