Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please kindly revise my draft and give me some suggestions,Thank you in advance

1.topic

Nowadays, people all over the world are watching foreign films much more than locally produced films. Why? Should government give more financial support to local film industry?

my writing:
Watching movies plays more and more important roles in people’s leisure time. A new trend in movie industry is that a good movie can easily become very popular all over the world in a short time. This phenomenon reflects the fact that cultural differences or language barriers can’t stop people from watching foreign movies. Chinese people, for example, now like watching imported movies very much, some famous movie characters such as Harry Potter or Aragon are well known to each and every family in China. Why does this happen? I think there are a number of reasons.

Firstly, Different movie companies from different countries are expertise in different types of movies. Hong Kong or Chinese movie is famous of kongfu; Japanese movie makers can produce the best horror movies; Disney is good at Fairy stories; the States’ movie usually contains countless visual effects. Secondly, People are always interested in new stories, some classic stories in western world such as ‘The Lord of The Rings’ and ‘Alice in wonderland’ are brand new tales for Chinese people, when they first time watch those stories on screen they must be deeply moved. At last, more frequent language and culture exchange among different countries provide a basic prerequisite for the globalization of movie industry..

Since quite a number of good foreign movies are imported into domestic market every year, local movie industry must be heavily impacted, one question has arisen out of this effect: should the government fund local film industry or not? My answer to this question is, to some extent, yes

Although the movie industry in our country has been developed for many years, there is still a big gap in the respects of theoretical understanding,equipment, talent training, and technology comparing to that in advanced countries. The competitors from abroad are too strong to fight against for local film companies. If we want to protect local film companies and promote the prosperity of domestic movie industry, more money is required to poured into local movie industry. Investments from the government will definitely speed up the progress of development of local film industry. On the other hand, foreign movies provide us valuable experiences and advanced techonologies,if we are able to combine our rich and splendid culture with the modern movie elements rather than simply copy other countries’ experiences; our movie industry could become successful in the near future.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Please kindly revise my draft and give me some suggestions,Thank you in advance

Please kindly revise my draft and give me some suggestions, Thank you in advance

1.topic

Nowadays, people all over the world are watching foreign films much more than locally produced films. Why? Should the government give more financial support to the local film industry?

My writing:
Watching movies plays more and more an important role in people’s leisure time. A new trend in the movie industry is that a good movie can easily become very popular all over the world in a short time. This phenomenon reflects the fact that cultural differences or language barriers cannot stop people from watching foreign movies. Chinese people, for example, now like watching imported movies very much, so that famous movie characters such as Harry Potter or Aragon are well known to each and every family in China. Why does this happen? I think there are a number of reasons.

Firstly, different movie companies from various countries specialize in different types of movies. The Hong Kong or Chinese movie is famous for Kong-Fu; Japanese movie makers can produce the best horror movies; Disney is good at fairy tales stories; the States’ movie usually contains countless visual effects.
Secondly, people are always interested in new stories, especially classic stories set in the western world. [STRIKE]such as[/STRIKE] ‘The Lord of The Rings’ and ‘Alice in Wonderland’ are such brand new tales for Chinese people. When they watch those stories on screen for the first time, they must be deeply moved. Lastly, more frequent language and culture exchange among different countries provide a basic prerequisite for the globalization of the movie industry.

Since quite a number of good foreign movies are imported into the domestic market every year, the local movie industry must be heavily impacted. One question has arisen out of this effect: Should the government fund the local film industry or not? My answer to this question is, to some extent, yes.

Although the movie industry in our country has been developed for many years, there is still a big gap in the respects of theoretical understandingas equipment, talent training, and technology comparing to that in advanced countries. The competitors from abroad are too strong to fight against for local film companies. If we want to protect local film companies and promote their prosperity [STRIKE]of the domestic movie industry[/STRIKE], more money is required to be poured into the local movie industry. Investments from the government will definitely speed up the progress of development of the local film industry. On the other hand, foreign movies provide us valuable experiences and advanced technologies, and if we are able to combine our rich and splendid culture with the modern movie elements rather than simply copy other countries’ experiences; our movie industry could become successful in the near future.
februar (no teachter)

Status
Not open for further replies.