Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
New Zealand
Dear teachers,

This is Freight Forwarder. I feel great when I come back to this forum. I want to say "Thank You" to all of you who helped me out on my english writing before. You guys are awesome! :up: I appreciate all the work you've done to all the online english students. I am one of them and I still need your consistent professional help. (P.S. Please correct my english wrting when you spot any mistakes)

In my point of view, excellent spoken english skill is based on the ongoing writing practise, so I decided to keep on writing an essay a day that I can keep any mistakes away. English is not my first language, but I want to use it correctly. Please help me to make my dream come true. Good article may attract people pay a attention to it, in contrast bad article may make people lose interest to keep on reading it. So if I writie something different everyday in my writing, would you like to keep on reading and correcting my essay?

I have been living in Christchurch New Zealand about 6 years. There were a lot of things happened during these 6 years. Recently New Zealand is holding the Rugby World Cup 2011, which was supposed to be held in Christchurch. Now Auckland is holding the game right now, because there were several earthquakes and aftershocks in Christchurch this year. Have you watched the game on Television? I bet you would like it when you got the chance to watch it live in Eden Park stadium. You might like the atmosphere where everybody is crazy about the match. There are 20 teams playing in the game, each team represents one country. Such as America, France, Scotland, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, etc. The players in each team seem like very tough and strong. Sometimes I may wonder what nuitrients they intake can make them look like a polar bear. If I stand right beside them, I will look like a chicken comparing with them. :lol: New Zealand rugby team got the name "All Black", what's that mean exactly? I think no one can answer it correctly. No matter what it means, I will stand by them for sure. That's all for my english writing in day one. Thanks for your time to read it through!

P.S. Please correct any errors you find in this article. I will keep writing something new and interesting next time!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
My thoughts:
I have been living in Christchurch New Zealand (for) about 6 years. [STRIKE]There were[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]A lot of things have happened during these 6 years. Recently New Zealand [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has been holding the Rugby World Cup 2011, which was supposed to be held in Christchurch. Now Auckland is holding the game right now, because there were (have been?) several earthquakes and aftershocks in Christchurch this year. Have you watched (Did you watch) the game on Television? I bet you would have liked it [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if you had got the chance to watch it live in Eden Park stadium. You might have liked the atmosphere where everybody is crazy about the match. There are 20 teams playing in the game; each team represents one country., [STRIKE]S[/STRIKE] such as America, France, Scotland, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, etc. The players in each team seem [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] very tough and strong. Sometimes I (may) wonder what nu[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]trients they [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE]take that can make them look like a polar bear. If I [STRIKE]stand[/STRIKE] stood right beside them, I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would look like a chicken compar[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE]ed with them. :lol: The New Zealand rugby team got the name "All Blacks", what's that mean exactly? (I think no one can answer it correctly) I don't think anyone can answer that correctly. No matter what it means, I will stand by them for sure.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
New Zealand
Thank you! fivejedjon.
Are there any mistakes in my introduction part?

Status
Not open for further replies.